New 400 Sport owner - with a question!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
C8NNP

Post by C8NNP »

Hi All,

I'm a proud owner of a 400 Sport which I picked up yesterday. Amazing car which I'm enjoying getting to grips with!

I will have a proper phaff about with it today, but just wondering if there is any reason that the media button stops working? All was fine for a couple of hours, then parked it up and went to the services for 5 mins, then when I started it up again it wouldn't let me access anything (not even radio etc). Decided to stop fiddling in the end and listened to the cars natural soundtrack for the remainder of the journey! :D

Looks like a great forum here and look forward to contributing!

Cheers

Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

The media centre has one annoying flaw, it can only be switched on using the volume control button. Why, I just don't know, as every other entertainment system they produce automatically switches on when you activate on screen display.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi. In mine you can switch on the music by pressing the volume control knob or pressing the screen or pressing the media button.

I too have had issues with the media button stopping working. Annoying. It used happen all the time when I played music from usb media. It is ok via bluetooth.

It has been better since it had a load of software updates when the sat nav stopped working.

There is still one bug. When my LG G6 phone is connected via bluetooth the car chimes when i receive a text. If you press the telephone button you see you have 1 message. Click on messages and it displays nothing so you give up and lets say you press home to go back. The telephone button then doesnt work at all and if someone calls you cant answer!

Anyway enjoy the soundtrack!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Kdes

Post by Kdes »

Note also the volume is independent for each function (well they are on my 16MY) and can be set separately.

This means that it possible to have the nav volume audiable and the music volume still set at zero. Might be worth checking by rotating the volume push button.

Kev
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
scm

Post by scm »

On my MY18 I can activate the media system by pressing the source button on the steering wheel. The media system seems to default to radio when it powers up, so the source button selects my USB stick loaded with music, and that's what I like to listen to. But, like the OP, I much prefer the car's soundtrack!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
basher

Post by basher »

I've had my 400 for a couple of months and haven't had any issues with media button (either the real button down the side of the infotainment screen or the touchscreen button on my homepage). It also remembers if I was listening to radio or USB source, and which track.

Unlike my old TT which would randomly play track 1 and forget shuffle mode.

Hope you get it sorted. Or just enjoy the car's own soundtrack!
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
C8NNP

Post by C8NNP »

Hi all,

Thanks to each of you for the quick and helpful reponses - another indication that this is a good place to be around! Drove the car a couple of times again today and if by magic all the media was working and DAB was sounding lovely with the volume I last left it at! Most weird!!!

Still getting to grips with her and enjoying every minute of it!

Cheers

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post