Saying hello - and looking at the SVR

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Arne wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:02 am Regarding "a keeper", it is not easy to know what comes along later in Jaguars (or others) product line.

However it seems like the big V8's are on the way out and never going to be replaced. So that is another reason to why todays V8's very well might be keepers for those who love them ;)
My thoughts exactly on the V8 Arne - enjoy it while you can. I read an article about JLR future plans and the V8s are apparently due to be replaced by straight 6 variants of the Ingenium power plant early in the next decade IIRC.

And by 2040 we'll all have to buy souped up milk floats, so I'd better get cracking and buy a V8 before they're illegal :)

basher

Post by basher »

Steve C wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:18 am I think the usual quarter mile exclusion zone round the house will have to apply before the loud exhaust setting and some beans are applied :D
🤣
But bear in mind... it's the initial engine switch on that's really LOUD. Even with loud button off.

Btw. Welcome, and good luck with your search. Be patient. It took ages for me to find the right car, but was soooo worth it.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

basher wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:46 pm
Steve C wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:18 am I think the usual quarter mile exclusion zone round the house will have to apply before the loud exhaust setting and some beans are applied :D
🤣
But bear in mind... it's the initial engine switch on that's really LOUD. Even with loud button off.

Btw. Welcome, and good luck with your search. Be patient. It took ages for me to find the right car, but was soooo worth it.
Fair point Basher, I don't like one lot of neighbours anyway and the other ones are up about the same time as me :twisted:

I've highlighted one bit of your post above and am repeating it to myself now...