Another new owner, Essex area, advice needed.

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

Another new member here, Essex area.

Were collecting our 2015 3.0 Coupe next Saturday, white with black pack, panoramic roof, black 20" rims etc, we couldn't resist it!!! Should put a smile on our faces! :D

Anyone any experience of 'Safe and Sound Ultimate' warranties? We have 6mths with the car and it's 1k to increase it to 3 years.
Not sure what to do? Same applies re the Williams ceramic coating which we've been offered for £300?

Comments and advice would be much appreciated.
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Hi and welcome,

Your post suggests its not coming from a main dealer? Might be worth checking cost of a Jaguar warranty and if you can get a copy of the policy, compare to the one you’ve been offered ....

For feedback on the Williams coating check out DetailingWorld website ... or depending where you are, speak to Stuart at F1WAX who is Essex based detailer ... how much was the paint correction before adding the ceramic as if all included for £300 that is a excellent price if all steps included and I’d be interested to know who you’re thinking of using as my Wife’s GLC needs doing.

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure what you mean by paint correction? The £300 was a discounted price for the Williams ceramic paint protection and agreed as part of the sale if we wanted it, I think they said it's normally £500. Bearing in mind the cars age the paintwork was gleaming which made us question whether we actually need it.

We're buying it from a franchised dealer called Taylor's in Great Dunmow, their servicing costs are £350 and £500 which seemed quite reasonable, what do you think?

The car was previously on a 3 year contract hire from Stratstone in Manchester and it's out of the 3 year Jag warranty by a few months, so I assumed its too late to extend. Hopefully this means there wasn't any penny pinching on the main dealer services.
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello from me .. welcome to the forum

not far from me ..
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Glaf wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:49 pm Hi Paul,

I'm not sure what you mean by paint correction? The £300 was a discounted price for the Williams ceramic paint protection and agreed as part of the sale if we wanted it, I think they said it's normally £500.
Hi,

Paint correction is the techniques where a qualified car detailer will machine polish the bodywork and other parts of the car to restore (or sometime exceed) the factory finish. This activity removes the various impurities and fine scratching to the paints surface. The car is then freshly waxed/polished to provide a deep fault free finish. It is after this stage that one would normally apply a ceramic coating. If you skip the first part then the ceramic coating is simply ‘sealing’ in the imperfections and scratches.

I know where the dealership is as I pass it often, but Ive never dealt with them so cannot comment on their preparation. I would be asking if the offer includes the correction treatment ahead of applying the Williams coating.

Hope this helps, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post