A new 3.0S owner in Worcester

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Benjs

Post by Benjs »

Hi All

Just thought i'd drop by and Introduce myself

I picked this beauty up on Saturday. Coming from a 911 it is a different beast, but i have to say i'm smitten already.

Hopefully catch up with a few of you at a meet soon.

Cheers

Ben

20180916_163111.jpg

20180916_163032.jpg

AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

Hi Ben,
Lovely car, glad you are enjoying it so far. I was also a 911 owner , but never loved them like I do the F type .
2019MY i4
scm

Post by scm »

German cars have no soul. :)
Love that Firesand.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Benjs

Post by Benjs »

I never thought I'd get out of Porsche but whilst they are undeniably fast and do do everything a budget super car should I got a bit fed up of the constant little niggles (with its subsequent big bill) & the lack of many of the things you feel it should have. (Tbf Jaguar weren't overly generous but at least more up to date).

All the above kind of ends up in insignificance when I look at Asbo (The kids named it ASBO orange) and then listen to the exhaust. I even got a childish grin taming the back end around an island yesterday
scm

Post by scm »

People show more respect to Jags than Porsches, too. ;)
Plymothian

Post by Plymothian »

I've gotta say, the ASBO Orange is growing on me... it looks simply stunning.
MY19.5, F-Type V6 3.0 P380 RWD Coupe
Santorini Black, Pan Roof, Parking Pack, Cirrus Leather
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Love Firesand. It was one of my choice colours. I was looking for Red, Orange or White, ended up with white as the car had the options I wanted and a lot more. Yours looks great with the carbon wheels.

Enjoy
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
OB123

Post by OB123 »

Great looking car - welcome and thanks for the photos (especially loving the wheels) I'm also an ex Porsche 911 owner and I have to agree re niggles etc. The car was essentially brilliant but it went back to dealers three times in 6 months (rattles, squeaks and rear number plate fell off....) Plus - I really do think the F type does have more soul !!!
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
Benjs

Post by Benjs »

I'll try to get some photos with the decent camera when the sun is out, but the camera phone was handy for washing shots (yes my neighbours think i'm mental photographing a soapy car)

Totally agree with the greater soul & i really hope this doesn't creak/squeak/rattle anywhere near any of the 911's i had (i did have a cayman that was nearly rattle free) + i really hope i get the gentleman driver treatment rather than the flash german car driving git reponse i usually recieve trying to get out of my road

20180916_151057.jpg

Last edited by Benjs on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scm

Post by scm »

Benjs wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:15 pm ... i really hope i get the gentleman driver treatment rather than the flash german car driving git reponse i have usually get trying to get out of my road
That's what I meant when I said you'll be shown more respect! ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post