Greetings from Chicago

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
rbs

Post by rbs »

Hello:

I have been a British sports car fan all my life, owned an Austin Healy 3000Z and several Triumphs (still own a 1970 Spitfire MK III). I have done all the maintenance on all those cars for many years. A few years ago I was on the highway driving behind an F-Type and pretty much determined I was going to buy one. Amazingly, I have only ever seen about 5 F-Types in the Chicago area while driving about. This past January I decided it was time to buy one, but after testing driving the automatics I felt like I needed to buy a 6-speed manual if I was going to have a proper British sports car (too old school I guess). I settled on a 2016 F-Type S (supercharged V6) with 17,200 miles that came off a 2 year lease in southern California. Bought it from the Jaguar/Aston Martin dealership in West Palm Beach, Florida and drove it home. It's my daily driver during the fair weather months (I've put 4,000 miles on it since early July) and then it will sit in the garage during the Chicago winters. The car has been perfect thus far. The only hiccup I have had was the luggage area cover issue several people have commented on in one of the discussion topics. That was an easy fix and I'll post what I did to that discussion soon (as soon as I get my sea legs about me on this forum) and I'll post a picture of my car as soon as I figure out how the insert image button works on these messages.
Polaris White 2016 S Coupe Manual short shifter 6-Speed
black side skirts, Mina Gallery Hood & Side Vents
w/ 20" 5-Split Spoke Tornados (5039's)

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi rbs,

Welcom to the forum ! To post a picture you have to select the 'full editor & preview' . At the bottom you see 'attachments';
under that tap you find 'add files' . Last you put the cursor in the text on the postion where you want to enter the image and
then move the cursor to the button 'place in line' ..

Good luck, we're all curious to see your pics.

Dan
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome aboard! Seems F-Types are more exclusive than "supercars" in the States. :)
Looking forward to seeing your pictures.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
rbs

Post by rbs »

RBS here, posting pictures of my car.

20180922_121107.jpg

20180922_121124.jpg

Polaris White 2016 S Coupe Manual short shifter 6-Speed
black side skirts, Mina Gallery Hood & Side Vents
w/ 20" 5-Split Spoke Tornados (5039's)
dirk_BE

Post by dirk_BE »

Nice !!! Like it a lot.
current: F-type 2.0L 2018; XJSC 3.6L 1987; E-type OTS 4.2L 1968
sold: mk2 3.8L 1962
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Nice looking Coupe. Love the design pack. This wasn't high on the list when I was looking for mine but I'm glad the one I bought has it.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

XZ4 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:28 amNice looking Coupe. Love the design pack. This wasn't high on the list when I was looking for mine but I'm glad the one I bought has it.
Yep, amazing how any colour looks good on this car. Its like a beautifull woman : no matter what she wears, she always looks stunning.. 8-)

I first thought the R-Type with the skirts was a bit too much 'boy-racer' for my, like earlier MR2 models. But now I get used to it and start
to see angles from which it looks way better the the standard version... Maybe I should by another one.. :lol:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|