head lamp wiring

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
bigalsjag

Post by bigalsjag »

Hello fellow members. I am new to this forum and the new owner of a damaged but repairable 2014 F type V6S jaguar. The car has suffered front end damage and repairs are on going by myself. I don't have very deep pockets otherwise I would have bought an undamaged car but I love a challenge. I would like some information if any has any regarding the drivers side head lamp wiring and air con pressure switch wiring located below the turbo charge intake pipes as both these connections had been sheared off during an accident. I have managed to source the head lamp and air con connectors but need to know where these wires connect to in these connectors. Detailed Pictures would be great showing the order of the cable from the back of the connector or a wiring diagram. I have "Dr Googled" for lots of things but unable to find any threads/leads related to this area etc. Any help with in this area would be greatly appreciated as some of these electronics are beyond my capabilities. Gone of the days of the old type filament bulbs! Many Thanks Alan, looking forward to seeing fellow F type owners at future meets in my preloved F type.

scm

Post by scm »

I can't help with the wiring, but welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

The best thing for your is to subscribe to TOPIX for say a week .. and then save the details that you need
this way if there has been any changes between model year they will be captured

Link below

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/v ... lookupForm

good luck with the repairs
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Welcome to the forum

Given your repairing and rebuilding I’d invest the c$60 in a full factory manual. It’s downloaded for your exact car and model year and contains several thousand pages. Worth it’s weight in gold. Google or I can find the link.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:24 am Welcome to the forum

Given your repairing and rebuilding I’d invest the c$60 in a full factory manual. It’s downloaded for your exact car and model year and contains several thousand pages. Worth it’s weight in gold. Google or I can find the link.
Hello .. yes this would be great if you could dig the link out

all the best
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I’m out of the. Country at the moment but will see what I can find when home
Meanwhile if you Google you’ll see lots of alternatives
This guy is offering his copy free:
(I cannot vouch for it)

I finally figured out how to remove the first page of my copy of the Workshop Manual (the tOPIX build sheet), so anyone who wants it can now download it from my Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2fws1aexj...d%201.pdf?dl=0
Of course this is specific to my car, MY2015 RHD V6S coupe, but 99% of it is generic and would also apply to LHD cars, V8s, verts etc.
Be warned, it's 470 Mb and over 28,300 pages!

Edit - the version I uploaded still had some of my personal details in it, FM u102768 alerted me to this and kindly sent me a revised version with those details removed, so here is the link to the revised version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d52ciochjn...anual.pdf?dl=0
The version linked earlier is now gone so that link won't work any more.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

That second link gives a 404 - probably due to the abbreviated section "d52ciochjn...anual"?
bigalsjag

Post by bigalsjag »

Hello fellow members thank you so much for your positive replies to my my current delema. I will look at the links you have posted on the forum and keep you updated on progress of my pre loved F type many thanks Alan.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

Er, it looks like the owner's manual?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post