New Owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Zapa

Post by Zapa »

Hi All,

just did a European road trip of just under 4000 miles in my convertible 13 plate V6s . Car was running beautifully up until the way back home where there was a slight vibration on the steering wheel . :? ( have checked wheekl balancing and alloys all seem to be in good condition )

Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar symptoms. ( I did throw it around the bends on the Alpine roads )

The trip was Paris - Geneva - ( Alps ) - Milan - Venice - Monaco -Cannes- St Tropez and finally blighty bound.

IMG_7192.JPG

IMG_6970.JPG

IMG_6866.png

" an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged "
White with black alloys and Cream racing seats

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hello and welcome
Can't help with the wheel wobble unfortunately, you've checked the things I would check. Depending on miles, could be the discs are wearing low or have been over-heated.

Great trip, some lovely places and some expensive place names, was it 5 star all theway or did the camping sign in the photo give away some secrets?
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Not had that myself, but I did throw my 14S up those roads more than a few times with no ill effects so don't worry, I don't think you broke it ;)
Zapa

Post by Zapa »

scharlton wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:13 am Hello and welcome
Can't help with the wheel wobble unfortunately, you've checked the things I would check. Depending on miles, could be the discs are wearing low or have been over-heated.

Great trip, some lovely places and some expensive place names, was it 5 star all theway or did the camping sign in the photo give away some secrets?
That's good to know I have booked it in with Jag and let's hope it's nothing major . I had a couple of decent places in the Alps booked online and friends in Italy. Paris and south of France was Air B&B ( With onsite parking and wasn't overly expensive but ideal as could be booked last minute and decent place ) as I wasn't sure where I was going to be from day to day.
Zapa

Post by Zapa »

ajbh wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:43 pm Not had that myself, but I did throw my 14S up those roads more than a few times with no ill effects so don't worry, I don't think you broke it ;)
Fingers crossed 🤞 Let's hope the Jag team gives it the all clear :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post