X70 DSH - Dundee

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Adam ADM

Post by Adam ADM »

Was needing to replace an Infiniti FX which was getting on in the years (great car, very overlooked) and decided that since its mostly my dad that uses the car while Im working overseas it was a good idea to go for something sporty for a 70 year old - he is lined up to get into an IPace next year so the loss of internal combustion exhaust noise is sure to be missing from his driving fun so found a 2015 S down in Newcastle and did the exchange for the Infiniti. Staff there were very very nice and helpful. Wanted the car that day so skipped their usual prep work. It has a lot of swirls and signs of some machine washing (always bad on a black car) so got it properly scrubbed, waxed, polished and sealed. Its also a AWD so hopefully he can't do too much drifting on the streets. Had a couple of drives before coming back out to Qatar with work, its nice and although missing a 360 degree camera (which are brilliant!) its a nice GT and has a 2 year warranty which makes me feel reassured - so far only the speed limit display warning thing seems to have stopped working - was fine for the first few drives but seems to have switched itself off, I'll trawl the forum for things to check.

%s58DGEpRnyKUb%lImymZQ.jpg

sEaVTAU5QbWdFKgJznTBFA.jpg

VTAIO74dRzCIQY7rwMLoSA.jpg

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Hi and welcome from another Dundee member. Mine seems to be the only convertible locally. Not seen any black coupes about so will watch out for yours.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
RRB

Post by RRB »

Aye Hello, from over the Tay in Fife
2017 Black 400s convertible :D
chicb

Post by chicb »

I'm also from Dundee, black convertible, all black, black pack, black wheels, red performance seats :D
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome from the other end of the island! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Adam ADM

Post by Adam ADM »

XZ4 - Not seen your car out and about, nice to be in a select few Tayside owners group. Probably a growing gang now the Jag dealer is set-up shop in the city.

RBR - Must be tough having a nice car in Fife; do you have to store your alloy wheel indoors every time you park the car? Only kidding, Fife is fine - and when it's not we can always close the bridge.

chicB - no hope of spotting you at night then, unless the Batman logo you must have lights up ;)

SCM - must be nice being closer to the equator; you get to see the sun everyday of the year - must be weird.
scm

Post by scm »

Adam ADM wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:16 pm SCM - must be nice being closer to the equator; you get to see the sun everyday of the year - must be weird.
Ah, the sun's not all it's cracked up to be! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

chicb wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:12 am I'm also from Dundee, black convertible, all black, black pack, black wheels, red performance seats :D
Not seen that one about.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Adam ADM wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:16 pm XZ4 - Not seen your car out and about, nice to be in a select few Tayside owners group. Probably a growing gang now the Jag dealer is set-up shop in the city.
Only had mine a few months and it's used mainly at weekends.
chicb

Post by chicb »

I think there is more chance of seeing Santa than mine this year. Think it only did abut 200miles :o

1508838732605.jpg

& at the end of this month it will be tucked up for the winter on a Sorn & if the weather continues like it has been for the last week, its probably tucked up now. Here is a wee pic of it peering out of the garage to check if its raining :lol:
I heardfrom a good source the Dundee Land Rover dealership isn't up to much & as its the same place Jaguar will be the same :(
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S