Newbie calling

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Anotnac

Post by Anotnac »

Hi everyone.

Having had 4 XF's over the last 5 years I picked up my new F Type on Saturday morning. Just the baby P300 but luckily had a weekend away booked so managed 250 miles in the last couple of days. Very pleased so far and whilst I wasn't looking to change a ridiculously silly deal from Westover Christchurch was too hard to resist. Still getting to grips with some things naturally but having searched the forum without finding specific answers I wonder if someone could help me with a couple of minor questions? The seats are electric, no memory, and I am 6' 2" so lowered them right down but when they hit the lowest point they automatically come back up? They will stay if I flick the switch in very small baby steps but go too far and they bounce back up again. Similar thing with the seat back (sorry - they are standard seats not performance).

Now this is very minor but when being shown the functions it was good to know that the Nav included a speed camera warning, both audible and visual. The audible bit has stopped working though....have I pressed something by mistake?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice and I look forward from benefiting from and contributing to the Forum.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Can't help with the seat query.

Sat Nav and speed camera alerts..... I managed to do this as well. The audible warning is from the sat nav volume and if you turn down the sat nav announcements to very low you cant here the "bongs/chimes" for speed cameras. If you set a destination and then turn the volume up when the lady announces a direction then that is the only way I have figured out how to turn up the sat nav volume.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Anotnac

Post by Anotnac »

Brilliant thanks! Just tried it and the "bong" is back!
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Anotnac wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:48 am They will stay if I flick the switch in very small baby steps but go too far and they bounce back up again. Similar thing with the seat back .
What I THOUGHT you wrote:They will stay if I flick the switch in very small baby steps but go too far and they bounce back up again. Similar thing with the back seat.
:|

As you were...
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
Anotnac

Post by Anotnac »

Like it! Doesn't your F Type have back seats then??!! Must have been an option!
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club from another south coaster! :D
Regarding the back seat, that's what the boot is for, and they even fit an interior handle so you can get out! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Anotnac

Post by Anotnac »

Hi and thanks.....I wondered what that handle was for!
scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, it's luminous so it glows in the dark. I'm guessing it's a throwback to the "good to be bad" days when the F-Type was first released - they expect us to put people in there! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

No way you'd get anyone in my boot 😲
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Anotnac

Post by Anotnac »

Well now I know that the back seat is actually a boot.....or vice versa....any ideas on my misbehaving seats??!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post