Back again!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Hi all,

Having sold my 2018 F Type V6 coupé in early October, I never thought I'd be back so soon! I've had a terrible month or so since then, with my personal life slightly falling apart, so thought I'd buy myself something to cheer myself up, and an early Christmas/birthday present to myself. I didn't use my coupé anywhere near as much as I'd hoped due to a job change, and as a result I couldn't afford to put thousands of miles on it in a short space of time (which is what I've got my JLR management car for, in the form of a lovely Caesium blue E Pace!). So I never really used the car as much as I'd planned.

So as of Saturday, I'm the second owner of a 2013 V6S convertible, in Satellite Grey, with loads of lovely optional extras. It's got 37k miles on it but is in impeccable condition for a 5 year old car. It's got everything I could want on it, with the exception of a heated steering wheel, and the first owner spent £12k on options.

Anyway, pics are what people mostly want to see, so here's an one of my first, and now second F Type! The convertible makes all the difference to hearing that lovely exhaust note, wouldn't go back to a coupé personally.

Chris

IMG_7428.jpg

IMG_5347.JPG

IMG_7427.jpg

20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover

vika01

Post by vika01 »

Congratulations. To me you can’t go wrong if you buy a good condition 4-5 year old F-type since the design differences are unnoticeable except for Jaguar people. And it will save you a lot of money.
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome back to the fold! BTW, the V8 can definitely be heard in a coupe. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

I couldn't quite stretch to a V8, despite wanting to. I just found that the NVH is great in the coupé, and unless the windows were down, that it was a little muted. And then with the windows down, wind noise overcomes any exhaust sound past 45-50mph. Much clearer in a convertible with the roof down. Different strokes etc..
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post