Hi from a new F Type owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Julies

Post by Julies »

Lovely looking car, I would be inclined to leave as is and enjoy 😊

Deleted User 2038

Post by Deleted User 2038 »

Julies wrote: ↑Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:37 pm Lovely looking car, I would be inclined to leave as is and enjoy 😊
Thanks for your comment Julies, I agree, love how it looks now but let’s see in 3 months, my opinion may change but I have never been one to follow the latest fashions:)
Much sooner have something reasonably individual.
scm

Post by scm »

8003px wrote: ↑Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 pm ... I have never been one to follow the latest fashions :)
Er, isn't the flat-bottomed steering wheel the latest fashion? ;)
I love mine! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Details in the steering wheel are here

https://gear.jaguar.com/gb/en/f-type/in ... tiary-tabs
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
Tel

Post by Tel »

Senninha wrote: ↑Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:39 pm Congratulations ... would be interested to hear your thoughts after a few smiles of motoring comparing back against your previous weekend delights ...
I'd like to know as well....

Somewhere in the historic records of this forum I wrote a long review of the F vs SL63AMG, R8, M3 V8, Vantage and a C4S... Be interested to see if your comparative thoughts are on parallel with mine.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©
basher

Post by basher »

Tel wrote: ↑Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:37 am
Senninha wrote: ↑Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:39 pm Congratulations ... would be interested to hear your thoughts after a few smiles of motoring comparing back against your previous weekend delights ...

Somewhere in the historic records of this forum I wrote a long review of the F vs SL63AMG, R8, M3 V8, Vantage and a C4S... Be interested to see if your comparative thoughts are on parallel with mine.
Hi Tel... that'll be a good read! :mrgreen:

I searched for your post, but all I could find was viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1117&p=8599&hilit= ... tage#p8599

If you could dig it out for us, that'll be great.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Tel

Post by Tel »

basher wrote: ↑Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:17 am

Hi Tel... that'll be a good read! :mrgreen:

I searched for your post, but all I could find was viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1117&p=8599&hilit= ... tage#p8599

If you could dig it out for us, that'll be great.

Basher - It was quite a long piece...It doesn't appear to have made it across when we migrated from the old forum software to this new one :roll:
same as my post count...I was well over 1000 back then! not that it matters...
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more πŸ’©
Deleted User 2038

scm wrote: ↑Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:21 pm
8003px wrote: ↑Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 pm ... I have never been one to follow the latest fashions :)
Er, isn't the flat-bottomed steering wheel the latest fashion? ;)
I love mine! :D
Not sure whether fashion has any bearing on my liking Flat bottomed wheels, must have had cars with them for at least 6-7 years if not more, my main criteria is a bit more room for big legs and prefering the wheel as low as possible.
Deleted User 2038

With the sort of cars we are talking about i dont think there are "bad" ones, just all abit different and dependant on what you want out of the car. Also all of my "special" cars were weekenders so did not have to live with them day to day, so limited experience.
I love the big V8 SL AMGS but my last one was such a "big" physical size motor it was not as enjoyable tbh, great for a tour down to Italy but too much for having a weekend blast round wales imo, very well appointed and wife favorite for comfort. Astons are beautiful things, sound nice etc but whenever out for a run I always had at the back of my mind the reliabillity as friends had terrible experiences.
Its a real shame the new Supra is not more like the MkIV, as I loved it, but no cabriolet, only Targa.
Deleted User 2038

apr1962 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:28 pm Details in the steering wheel are here

https://gear.jaguar.com/gb/en/f-type/in ... tiary-tabs
The Flat bottomed wheel is becoming a bit of a saga tbh, I quoted Harwoods the part number posted on here and they came back with the same information as it says in link

Manual transmission only. Pre 18MY

But the picture shows a Auto with ignis paddles

I will print it out and take it to my local Sturgess dealer in Leicster after i collect and see what they think.

I also tried to order the battery charge kit and have been told thats a USA only part, which makes no sense at all as I know some people have it fitted, unless they imported it, again will talk to Sturgess or modify it myself

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post