Hi from an F-Type New Owner in Waiting

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Nick

Post by Nick »

Worth shopping abound for insurance the AA believe it or not was cheaper than dedicated sports car insurance companies for me.

If you do use comparison sites, worth ticking the “show all even with no link to site, box” often found them cheaper.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

andrewclarke99

Post by andrewclarke99 »

Evening ALL

I spent the day viewing colours and V6s but not been bowled over yet with colours/spec/price offered. However, tomorrow I am going to see a 400 Sport. Never consider the 400 before but it has all the extras/options I was looking for.

SimpleR I have sent you a PM regarding checking out a potential purchases history. I really appreciate the offer and the effort required for you to look up this info.
400 Sport AWD, Yulong White and lots n lots of Extras
basher

Post by basher »

400 is an awesome car. I love the styling pack too.

I hadn't considered it either until I saw it in the flesh and drove it. 😁
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

andrewclarke99 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:43 pm SimpleR I have sent you a PM regarding checking out a potential purchases history. I really appreciate the offer and the effort required for you to look up this info.
Hi,

When looking up history I need the VIN number however that is never displayed on adverts etc however Jaguar system allows to convert a reg into VIN. The reg you sent me "F<XXX> XEE" is not on Jaguars system so I cannot tell you anything about it other than it is a white 400 registered April 2017 and subject to the increased road tax. I am presuming the car had a private plate on it from new and that is the reason. Have had this once before!
As the reg doesn't start OE, OV, OW or OY then it wont be an ex-fleet Paragon car so would suggest it has been privately owned with a private plate. If you are visiting it today then ask what plate was on it before and/or make a note of the last 8 digits of the VIN on the windscreen. It will be something around JCP45000 at a guess based on other queries.

I too was looking for V6s but the used 400 was better on price as it comes with lots of options I wanted. Do make sure you have a long drive in it as the seats took me a couple of weeks of adjustments and tweaks to get 100% comfortable. You might as well look underneath for signs of corrosion on the cross brace as well and happy test drive day!
Last edited by simpleR on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
andrewclarke99

Post by andrewclarke99 »

Thanks SimpleR I have torch and mirror out at the ready lol
andrewclarke99

Post by andrewclarke99 »

From the limited information I have so far, yes it was privately owned. I will glean more information today
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

All I can say mine is 2 years old this coming May .. no issues, rear suspension frame no issues still shiny black paint no corrosion issues
had no problems been faultless ..
Mine is the base 340 V6 Coupe which is fine for me as a road car, you can just as easily lose your licence in a day if you wanted to .. plus on a run to Yorkshire I can achieve 37 MPG.

I was going to trade in for a newer model but have decided to pay the car debt and have no car payments, but have some mods planned this year
Last edited by Deleted User 1088 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Hi Andrew and welcome here.

I also had an Audi TTS previous to my F-type (and I am of aprox. the same age as you). I was considering buying a new V6 380, as that was within my Budget. This was in 2015. However I did end up bying a second hand 2015 F-type R (V8) from Germany (very few second hand available in Norway), and ended up with a more or less fully equipped car less than 1 year old, 4.500 miles for the same cost as a new V6 (a new V6 would actually have been more expencive with all the options included).

Regarding insurance I got positively surpriced as my Insurance Company gave me a great deal (due to "history and age" and the fact that this is a "hobby car" for me, and not my every day drive). I pay the same Premium for my F-type as I do for our VW Arteon 2.0 tsi 280hp.

I am very happy with the F-type after 4 years of ownership, and for me this is a keeper that I have no intention of selling for as far as I can see in the future.

It is kept in winter hibernation during 4-6 months of the year (depending of how soon the road salt is cleared every year), so every spring it is almost like getting a new F-type again ;)

Best of luck with your search for the F-type you are looking for. Looking forward to some pics when you have succeded :)
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
andrewclarke99

Post by andrewclarke99 »

Thanks for the info Kaspa & Arne. Mine will be an everyday car unfortunately....or is that fortunate lol I do have small reservations about buying such an expensive car, but hey you only live once

SimpleR I have messaged you the VIN number of the 400 Sport. Thanks in advance
scm

Post by scm »

andrewclarke99 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:57 am Mine will be an everyday car unfortunately....or is that fortunate
Definitely fortunate! Why buy a gorgeous car and then drive something inferior? ;)
Like you, I had reservations about the cost, but since my divorce I don't have anyone else to spend my money, and it's hard work! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post