Advice Required

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Nick

Post by Nick »

Discs should last the life of the car I was told by JLRover 100,000 miles, just make certain when removing the wheels you use the special extender pins which are in the pack at the rear of the car so you can’t accidentally drop the wheel on the disc as the edge is its weakest point. Pads come in at just over £800 a set, however I haven’t yet started looking into who else uses the same brake callipers. With some research I am certain to be able to find the same pads at a more realistic price. Discs were £3300 each by the way.

Just be glad your not in Aussie, I am at the moment and yesterday went to JLR to check out prices as I am preparing to bring my car here from the uk. Service prices were the same near enough.

Prices for pads, they want $2300 a set and had to laugh discs, should they ever be required $13300 each😂 $1.8 to the pound.

Will throw some spares in the car when it comes.

Anyone know where I can get a KM stack please? Will change it from MPH
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770

RV123

Post by RV123 »

Ok thanks for that really useful info. If the discs last 100k then it’s worth it. That’s the part I couldn’t stomach replacing as the cost is insane. Pads can live with.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Best thing to remember wirh Carbon pads is each application of the brake cost you money, doesn’t matter how hard you press, so your better off slowing right down on one application, same technique used on aircraft, let them get going then one smooth application to a slow right down then release them.

Think car pads are expensive try aircraft brakes :lol:
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Gom Jabbar

Post by Gom Jabbar »

I love the ultra blue too but ended up with Caldera Red. I have always avoided red cars in the past as they are too common and not always so nice but the SVR, especially WITHOUT the ceramic brakes & associated wheels looks stunning in the Caldera Red. I’ve had so many comments about how great it looks. The black bits really contrast well. I’m now so OCD about it I even bought a red iPhone cable to match!

00E374DB-6D78-4142-8360-0A28FC109DA4.jpeg

2018 F-Type SVR in Caldera Red with a huge amount of toys yet to be explored!
Nick

Post by Nick »

I really like that SVR rear spoiler, got to get one sorted
RV123

Post by RV123 »

Gom Jabbar - the Caldera red does look awesome tbh but like you originally I have always avoided red cars. Caldera is a solid paint yes? I really do like metallic and SVR only other option is a £6,000 Spectral Racing Red which is never going to happen.

Do you have carbon bonnet Louvres or gloss black? The grey cars I’m looking at don’t have the carbon pack but the contrast of black trim looks great so would really want to swap out the vents and mirror covers.
Blakums

Post by Blakums »

Haha! RV123, that’s very kind. I’ll bear you in mind when I sell it but it won’t be for a while!
Something else I meant to say - how good is SimpleR?? Amazingly useful!
Oh, finally - maybe it’s just me but whenever I’ve seen a promotional video or magazine piece on the SVR, they mainly seem to use either a Caldera Red or Ultra Blue model. That tells you what the experts believe looks best!
All the best.
Currently a McLaren 600LT Spider
Previously a Mc 570S Spider and an Ultra Blue SVR MY 19.5 with lots of goodies!
Er indoors has an MY21 Firenze red EPace HSE
RV123

Post by RV123 »

Agreed...i do mostly see Red and Blue on most markteting. Thanks for your help guys. Hope to make a decision soon!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post