New Owner - Picked up on Friday

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Everyone,
Quick introduction, my name is David and I picked up my Ftype on Friday morning - I have a V6S Convertible with a nice list of options, the keys ones for me were exterior pack & performance seats

Few questions at this early stage;
In the process of transferring my private plate, noticed the rear plate inst standard size - would you recommend putting a normal sized rear plate on or would you purchase a plate the same size as standard? (If second option, can anyone suggest where I buy from)

Previous owner has put a rather unsightly black 'S' badge over the ghosted S badge on the centre console / dash - if I carefully heated the badge up and remove with dental floss, I'm nervous about using a sticky stuff remover on the left over glue in case I damage the dashboard panel / ghosted S - does anyone have any idea how the ghosted S is on? Is it laser etched?

Thanks in advance

Kdes

Post by Kdes »

Most owners seem to be happy with he standard rectangular plate. If you are interested in shaped plates this site has a number to choose from and an online configuration. ( not purchased myself so no afiliation or recommendation). https://www.fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk/

You could take a look at their gallery and search for f-type.
Storm Grey V6 coupe 2016MY
scm

Post by scm »

When I took delivery of mine the dealer had swapped the neat rectangular plate for a hideous large one that to my eyes really spoiled the back end of the car. They changed the plate. ;)

Oh, and welcome to the club! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome David.

Once you have them adjusted correctly you'll love the snugness and support of the performance seats.

Enjoy :)
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Welcome. Yes I have the same dilemma. Will be putting reg on next week once docs come back. My plate is legal but short in size so hoping I can sort the front plate frame somehow. I.E remove it completely & fit plate directly to grill. Good luck.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
Myer

Post by Myer »

DO NOT fit the plate so that it blocks the grille as it will inhibit the cooling!

Take the existing frame and cut it down the middle with a fine bladed fretsaw and then cut to the size of your front plate and refit on the front beam.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post