Hi from Leeds

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Hi all, new on here. Picking up my 2017 v8 R tomorrow. Cannot wait. Spec is high with most of the toys. :D :D
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and congratulations.

All car history, background and pictures welcome!!
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

Excellent choice of vehicle! Welcome ot the club .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

pictures to follow.

20190318_150258.jpg

vika01

Post by vika01 »

Why the SVR badge though?
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

It has had the 575 upgrade so I guess previous owner stuck a badge on. It's staying on. . The interior has the wingback 12way adj seats with heating. The sales guy said it also had cooled seats but I think he is wrong. No heated steering wheel either. Meridian sound system but turned very low with the dash lit up red in dynamic. Sure I will tire of the sound eventually & turn the radio up, but for now yahoo. The paint is pearl but not sure of exact colour. Reset trip meter which was showing 22.5 mpg average, thought that quite good.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

To try and answer some of your points/query - Your car is sequence number 45995. MY17. From Jaguar systems:

It is listed on Jaguar system as "ENGINE POWER SOURCE - 550" so unsure where 575 comes from as the first owner wouldn't of done this (noting it's an "OY" plate) as it would also void the warranty I guess.

The car has "BRANDED SOUND SYS (L3)" which is the 380 watt Meridian system for when you get bored of the v8 - if you ever do!

It has the performance R seats which are heated and you also have the heated front windscreen option. They are 14-way adjustable "POWER 14-WAY DRIV/PASS SEAT ADJUST". They are not cooled. No you don't have heated steering wheel - "LESS HEATED STEERING WHEEL"

The car also has "INCONTROL APPS". It doesn't state which version so you should enquire with Jaguar immediately because if it has InControl Remote then the previous owner might have access to your vehicle to do things such as locate it, unlock it, start it, sound the horn, download your journey history etc.

The car is "GLACIER WHITE" which is metallic and was a £675 option on your car. This is now sold as "YULONG WHITE", it's the same but is £730 option from Jan 2019.

HTH
S
scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:57 pmSure I will tire of the sound eventually ...
I bet you won't! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Simple r thank you so much. I do think the guy was a bit of a exaggerator but I do not care as the car is absolutely stunning. Not a stone chip & not a scratch. I had a 1970 series 2 4.2 drop head e type in powder blue in my younger 23 year old days. I loved that car & sold it only to purchase my 1 st house. Paid £1300 for it & sold it 2 years later for £1300 to a mate. God knows what it would be worth today. But the house was £11750 & a 4 bed detached. So guess now around £ 275,000 Not done the sums but bricks probably better. In them days I used to park outside a nightclub & some beauty always jumped in & the rest is history. Obviously that will not happen as I am an old git now. but still love to drive. This thing has 17000 miles on clock & it was I think the right money at 52k. Although it is due it's 2yr service which I do not know what will cost. Will need 2 rear tyres soon too. The SVR badge will stayas most people don't know the difference. I have even ordered one for the front. What the hell. I have a 2017 Ducati Multistrada 1200s Skyhook which I ride hard. I swear this thing tears off the line much quicker. Thinking of taking a sleeping bag into the garage.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Servicing - Second service costs vary between dealers from £500 to £575 (from searching this forum) so shop around. Your car doesn't have a service plan assigned. Some dealers offer a fixed price service plan for the next three services. Another member on here brought a service plan to cover the 2nd, 3rd and 4th services for £1076.26 on their v8 so options exist of you are keeping the car for longer. This is almost buy two and get the third free.

I am presuming you purchased the car privately or from a non Jaguar dealer as in its not used approved? The reason I say this is because of the used approved program for cars with less than 3.96mm tyre tread are supposed to be replaced before the car is sold on. They also would of serviced it as well usually. I'm having two rears and 4 wheel alignment on Monday (finally - had to keep cancelling because of work), I don't think it needs an alignment but when paying £500 for tyres it seems daft not too. I'm on 20's 295/30 Y101 with AMS homologation. I'll create a post on Monday PM with more details and some pictures as tyre choice is always a talking point.