Hi to everyone

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
MANTOT3

Post by MANTOT3 »

Not new to the forum and it's not my first post or first attempt to introduce myself!
However it would be rude to let that continue.
Part of the reason for not posting before is my tendency to waffle (apologies in advance) and my typing is so slow, so slow I didn’t notice that I had been logged out of the site and lost hours of typing, lesson learned.
I've dipped into this forum frequently over the last few years for information and sometimes entertainment!
Thanks to everyone past and present that have posted on this excellent forum. I used you knowledge to help purchase my F type.
Didn’t necessarily take the advice, but you pay’s your money...
I’m 18 months into ownership and have loved every minute.
I’m hoping to get out and about to some events this year and meet fellow F Type owners at the various meets. So many beautiful cars, you’d be hard pushed to find two the same.
First disappointment for 2019 can’t make either of the April dates proposed for Caffeine and machines... That’s life ;)

Contrary to my username, I am not free of the offspring. Dad is still relied on to transport to and from various education establishments up and down the country. Providing I only have one to transport the F type is my choice and to be fair theirs also. Dad’s finally got a cool car!
It’s not my daily but I’ve done daily + mileage In all weather the AWD works well in the snow even with summer tyres.
I think I’ve passed my apprenticeship in F type Ownership.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Jaguars first car was a (P38) Jag and I’ve been the last owner of a few budget cars over the years.

I was taken by the pencil sketches released of a concept coupe C- X16 in 2011 .
What do you know they only went and made the thing, looked good in the metal too. :D
I wanted one. :mrgreen:
But buying new at the time was beyond me, I’m still punching above my weight really, It’ll be a while until I’ll have to stop making sacrifices to keep it !
Spent the time waiting for the gap between available funds and depreciating prices narrowing to research auto trader, approved used and the Jaguar website building the ideal F Type.
Started looking at V6s models but finding the car I had created on jaguar site was impossible. My option list was to long although I was prepared to compromise on the colour.
The only cars that seemed to have it all were the 400 Special edition. Although I test drove one I had already added ten grand to my budget I couldn’t add another, but I did discover that the AWD was a fabulous bit of kit.
My car at the time was a V8 R saloon with rear wheel drive that if you wanted a quick get away either spun the wheels or got bogged down when the traction control interfered with the engine output.

Niggling at the back of my mind was V8, I know it’s not the sensible option. But the whole car isn’t sensible.
(“Oh has it only got 2 seats “said my wife “how will that work?”)
She did admit later that “It was a good looking car and very James bond” she leads a simple life!

Long story short my heart ruled my head when a very reasonable R AWD was advertised within budget. A leap of faith because a two year four month old car was being offered at an independent deemed not suitable for Jaguar approved.
Why? Four previous owners and above average for F Type mileage although the previous owner had bought it jaguar approved three months earlier.
3 months, what was wrong with it? I checked that the 5th owner would receive all the benefits of the manufacturer’s warranty and that was that.

The Independent dealer I’ve used for years checked it over for me and the few things wrong he organised with the local dealer to be fixed under warranty.
The spec ticked all the boxes and although the colour was a compromise I’m glad I wasn’t put off.
In the dull winter it looks black, looks grey when its dirty and in the sun its everything blue, purple and very sparkly.

Touch wood hasn’t missed a beat since except it’s a well used Jag so the underside is becoming more red than black, some painting will be required this summer.
And another unusual point of corrosion was discovered during a recent service. Details in a separate post...
I’ve a few photo’s on my phone but I’m no photographer unlike some of the Pictures you guys have posted, very professional.
I'll post a few more later

20180223_153819.jpg

20190118_135433.jpg

2016 SVR
Carbon Ceramic Brakes.
Homemade Barless front Grill.
And all the options on my wish list :twisted:
Previous: 2015 AWD R

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

That's a nice piece of kit you have got yourself. I myself are a new owner soft top. I've stood in the workshop looking from every angle to see how I would change the car. I could not see anything I would change. An absolute thing of beauty & an animal at the same time. Hope you have great memories with it. Went out today to visit a friend who lives 7 miles away. By the time I got home I must have covered 35 miles. My excuse being I filled the car up for the 1st time with ordinary unleaded, so being trying to use it up so can put superjuice in.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.