Hello, new V8S owner in London

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

Morning all, recently bought myself a lovely F-Type V8S. The Jaguar joins an Impreza WRX toy and a Mercedes R-class daily on the drive.

Like a few others I've stepped out of a V8 Vantage that was a little too restrained rather than the hooligan mode you can engage in the F-Type. I'm also an ex-TVR owner (T350C with JP exhaust) so the gunfire is right up my street!

I have a few questions to ask about my F-Type but I'll do some reading first as I'm sure at least one has been answered before (edit: yep, I don't have electric folding mirrors) but pleased to meet you folks. Anybody here around Heathrow?

As always, a photo of my big kitty.
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper

basher

Post by basher »

Welcome... lovely toy!

What colour is it?
The light in the photo makes car really "pop".
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Hey welcome! We are East London, but my in-laws are heathrow-ish. Will drop you a line next time we are over that side :) Jessica
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hi sebby,

I'm 10 mins down the M3 so not too far away.

Is that another gorgeous Lunar Grey colour F-Type you have there?
viewtopic.php?t=2243

There's a few of us try to get our locally to general car / Mustang meets - one on tomorrow at White Lion Antiques at Hartley Wintney, so a nice drive down the A30 - but because it's so popular they've just started making it 20 year old+ cars only. If not on Mothers Day duties still worth going along to look around at the eclectic mix that always turns up.

Alternatively I'm also booked into the Brooklands Boss Cars show, which looks to be good - and Test Hill will be open for runs too.
https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats- ... riety-show.

Welcome to the F-Type Forum.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
sebby1990

Post by sebby1990 »

Hello again everybody,

First of all, my apologies for the delay in replying. Had a busy few days at work and an unexpected family issue (nothing serious) that put the cars at to the back of my mind.

My F-Type is Satellite Grey. I've only ever seen one other in the colour - not that it's particularly rare or noteworthy, but I do like the way the sunshine brings the colour out when the roof is down and the light interior helps contrast the paint. Similarly, knock it into quiet mode and put the roof up on a rainy day, and it's just another grey Jaguar if you want it to be. Can I consider Lunar as a brother from another mother? Or the Moon to my Space Station?

Good to see some local folks, feel free to pop by for a cuppa if you find yourself somewhere near Thorpe, not far off jct 13 of the M25.
Jaguar F-Type V8S, Mercedes-Benz ML63, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini Cooper
Eamon

Post by Eamon »

Hi and welcome, I commute most days to Chertsey, so might bump into you (not literally hopefully) on M25. Mine is an Italian Racing Red convertible.
3.0 V6 Supercharged (340PS) Convertible MY2014 Italian Racing Red.
Amyzoe

Post by Amyzoe »

Hi and welcome,I live close to Heathrow,so if you fancy a mini meet just drop me pm
MY 2014 v6 s convertible
White
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Looks very nice. Even posh. :D
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post