Prospective new owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Wilf

Post by Wilf »

Hi I am looking for any advice you can offer on purchasing a used F Type R supercharged? In particular I would like to know if there are any issues with this model that I should look out for when looking for a car. I would also be interested to know roughly how much annual servicing costs etc.

Thanks for any advice you can offer

Wilf

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome.

Presume you are UK. I can't help with V8 specific details and info however can offer a history check when your ready. PM a reg to me.

Good luck with the search.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Wilf

Post by Wilf »

Many thanks I will certainly keep it in mind
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome Wilf.

Nice car to be on the look out for too 8-)

SimpleR's kind offer of a history check is a great service to have and well worth taking up - it's proving very popular.

You don't say if you're looking for a coupe or convertible or rough age - there have been changes to the front end of the V8 R and various software options along the way for the F-Type generally.

Re. servicing look out for a car with the remainder of a service plan in place, which is transferable, and for servicing after the first 3 years you can refer here for Jaguar fixed price servicing... https://www.jaguar.co.uk/owners/servici ... icing.html

...Incidentally, over on the XE forum someone has just posted that he's been told he won't get his service plan when he collects his car, as it's been withdrawn, which sounds a rather strange going on to me!

Also do check and budget for the road tax you'll have to pay, depending on date of registration.

Finally, a really important point is to post some photos on here just as soon as you have the keys in your hand!
If you don't do that you'll be too busy driving and smiling to take photos :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Wilf

Post by Wilf »

Hi Lunar thanks for your response. I am looking for a coupe around 3-4 years old or there abouts. Just doing some research before hand so that I know what to look out for and then it will be down to how quick my current car sells.
Wilf
Wilf

Post by Wilf »

Hi I have had the car for a whole week now and absolutely loving it! :D

20190511_153418.jpg

scm

Post by scm »

Excellent choice of colour - there's a growing bunch of us on here now! White seems to be the new black ... ;)
OTOH, the F-type looks gorgeous in any colour. :)
Regarding servicing, I'd recommend finding a decent independent who knows what they're doing, and whom you can trust - you'll get better service at a better price.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I had 2 yr service done not long back 5.0 AWD type R. Cost me £575 from main dealer in Wakefield.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

I had my 2 year service done not long ago at my local independent. Cost me £275 (most of which was the oil!), including ensuring wheels weren't stuck to the hubs - I bet the main dealers don't remove wheels.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post