Just ordered my first F-Type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

JohnG123 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:19 pm Hi
Time will fly by. Be here before you know it.
For some strange reason I have always taken delivery of my new cars in the middle of Winter so it will be nice to get one mid Summer. Especially an F-Type!

Thanks for your comment.
2019 White P300 Coupe

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

As said above it doesn't matter what model you have. You will see people following you taking photo's. They attract a lot of attention & I am a new owner myself. Sometimes it's almost embarrassing. I think they have put a decently loud exhaust on the Dynamic anyway from the ones I have seen on youtube. Sure you will love it & when you meet people like me at meets with the V8 you can make us go green when you talk about fuel consumption. Enjoy. Also as said above lots of pictures etc. There does not seem to be many actual members on here so the more the merrier.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

steviegtr wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:38 pm As said above it doesn't matter what model you have. You will see people following you taking photo's. They attract a lot of attention & I am a new owner myself. Sometimes it's almost embarrassing. I think they have put a decently loud exhaust on the Dynamic anyway from the ones I have seen on youtube. Sure you will love it & when you meet people like me at meets with the V8 you can make us go green when you talk about fuel consumption. Enjoy. Also as said above lots of pictures etc. There does not seem to be many actual members on here so the more the merrier.
Thank you for the nice message. I opted to have the tracker fitted just in case it attracts too much attention!
2019 White P300 Coupe
scm

Post by scm »

steviegtr wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:38 pm... when you meet people like me at meets with the V8 you can make us go green ...
The one thing we of the V8s will never be, is green! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

johnsoncp wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:38 pm The dealer was saying if I could afford the V6 I should as I would regret it. I'm getting Yulong white (which replaces my Arctic white XE whch is the same colour). It's the most basic model with a couple of options. How long did your build take? The dealer said think about 4 months but it might be sooner.
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum !

Would you mind adding youre general location [ city/town not required], so local forum members can help you if needed, and we can compare the standard/options that differ widely depending on destined market.

I have a P300, mostly because the huge taxation on the V6 and V8 here in the Netherlands. I only use it for touring. Be ware that very soon after ordering all is fixed [ in my case 6 days later ], and you cannot change factory options ! Yesterday we had a tour around Breda and someone was told he didn't need the WiFi-Hotpot, in his country an option. The dealer didn't say that the car then also came without TMC or the extra sim you need for traffic info, not possible to update after the car is build ! So think hard [& fast] as within a week possibly you're stuck !

I don't want to make you nervous though.. :oops:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:12 pm
johnsoncp wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:38 pm The dealer was saying if I could afford the V6 I should as I would regret it. I'm getting Yulong white (which replaces my Arctic white XE whch is the same colour). It's the most basic model with a couple of options. How long did your build take? The dealer said think about 4 months but it might be sooner.
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum !

Would you mind adding youre general location [ city/town not required], so local forum members can help you if needed, and we can compare the standard/options that differ widely depending on destined market.

I have a P300, mostly because the huge taxation on the V6 and V8 here in the Netherlands. I only use it for touring. Be ware that very soon after ordering all is fixed [ in my case 6 days later ], and you cannot change factory options ! Yesterday we had a tour around Breda and someone was told he didn't need the WiFi-Hotpot, in his country an option. The dealer didn't say that the car then also came without TMC or the extra sim you need for traffic info, not possible to update after the car is build ! So think hard [& fast] as within a week possibly you're stuck !

I don't want to make you nervous though.. :oops:

Thank you for the message.
I live in the UK in south Buckinghamshire.
The model I have ordered has the 10" screen and the dealer assured me this would give up to date maps and traffic conditions. i can't see an option for WiFi hotspot. I have no idea if it will have Apple CarPlay. I expect the build date to be July 2019. I don't have an official build date yet. From order date it took nearly a week before the dealer actually confirmed the order with Jaguar and I think it then coincided with a 2 week factory shutdown so it's slow progress. After the initial first tax, I think the annual tax here is the same between the models.
My car will be a daily commuter and I think the fuel consumption will be similar to my 240HP XE (The Ford engine). I definitely want the rear camera but again, this now appears to be a standard fitting.

If any of my assumptions are wrong, please will someone tell me :)

Thanks, Chris
2019 White P300 Coupe
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

johnsoncp wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:10 pm I live in the UK in south Buckinghamshire.
I'll keep an eye out for you.
;)
Mind you given the state of the roads around here ("worst in the country" as one Youtube car tester who also lives here wrote) you will need to steer clear of all the potholes!!
:D

PS, were you over on the XE forums before as you've had 2 previous XE's?
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Chris,

Did your dealer make the configuration on line or on his desktop ? He produces an order document the holds all the specs.
If you can get a copy of that [ sometimes it is all listed on the purchase contract, this what I had ], you can compare with what
you want. I discovered that the accessoiries brochure [in paper] has lots more info then you get online, strangely.

Too late I discovered I could have saved € 500 since I didn't want 'auto dimming' side mirrors, which was a different package
and did not appear in the online configurotor, but was an option for the dealer in his orderbook !

Be quick : once it has a production number you're stuck with that..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

PhilB wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:09 pm
johnsoncp wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:10 pm I live in the UK in south Buckinghamshire.
PS, were you over on the XE forums before as you've had 2 previous XE's?
I was/am indeed. Posted quite a few things. Normally complaining LOL although the XE I have now is really good. End of PCP and time for a change, hence the F-Type.
2019 White P300 Coupe
johnsoncp

Post by johnsoncp »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:26 pm Hi Chris,

Did your dealer make the configuration on line or on his desktop ? He produces an order document the holds all the specs.
If you can get a copy of that [ sometimes it is all listed on the purchase contract, this what I had ], you can compare with what
you want. I discovered that the accessoiries brochure [in paper] has lots more info then you get online, strangely.

Too late I discovered I could have saved € 500 since I didn't want 'auto dimming' side mirrors, which was a different package
and did not appear in the online configurotor, but was an option for the dealer in his orderbook !

Be quick : once it has a production number you're stuck with that..
At the end of a long chat and drive I was not fully focused by then. He was using a similar build screen to the one we use on the Jaguar site. I have a printed list of options which matches what I want (I hope!). He said "Do you want the mats?" I said doesn't it come with mats and he said no they are another £150. I think he may have been lying then? I asked him if the car had a PPF (Petrol Particulates Filter) and he had no idea what I was talking about. When I do the build my car I spend ages studying each option but in the dealers it was all over so quickly I do have my doubts. One thing someone mentioned is red seatbelts. That never came up as an option. The salesman was extremely laid back to be honest. Not the usual pushy sort you see. As I went in with jeans and sweatshirt he probably thought I was just after a free test drive.
2019 White P300 Coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post