Just picked up my 2018 FType V6 R-Dynamic

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Well done mate, I concur with the guys regarding the numerous errands that F Type owners have to deal with ! I just have to pop out for some apples, oh and later I need to get some banana's.
Oh Shuck's, I forgot the Chicken - gotta go out again .

At Daddyman, You mentioned the Silicone Grease, which I have a few tubes at home, but never thought of smearing this onto the door rubbers. Would it not dry out the rubber ? Is this something Jaguar recommends ?
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

scm

Post by scm »

I've seen people swear by (not at!) Gummi Pflege to keep the rubber seals in good condition.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

PBV6 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:24 pm Thanks a lot for the replies, it's greatly appreciated.

I have just inquired about PPF for the front end, depending on price I will hopefully get this done.

Cheers
Patrick
Welcome Patrick ...

Great looking spec and for sure I would go for the PPF over ceramic ... I’d also suggest you think and research calipers colour options rather than the default red ... it reads as though you may well ‘mod’ your F-type during your ownership so why follow the crowd by defaulting to red ... if I still had mine I’d be going with YR532M ... its a stunning looking burnt gold ...

https://images.app.goo.gl/PncnSX2NuaX3BDadA (Hopefully this link takes you to an example)

What ever you decide, enjoy your F-type ...

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
PBV6

Post by PBV6 »

Thanks for the advice, they had already started painting them but I'm happy with the result.

I'm going to purchase the rubber lubricant mentioned in the above comments. Get my car back on Thursday so will actually get to enjoy driving the thing now :)

Any other advice or comments welcome.

IMG_D0623AA54F4C-1.jpeg

IMG_D0623AA54F4C-1.jpeg

2018 Jaguar F Type R-Dynamic P340
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post