Just picked up my 2018 FType V6 R-Dynamic

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
PBV6

Post by PBV6 »

Good morning

I just picked up my 2018 FType V6 R-Dynamic yesterday from the Leven Car Company in Edinburgh. My first experience of the car was a 4-hour drive home to Huddersfield which put a huge smile on my face :). Upgrading from a 2.0l Audi A5 to this does that!!

I'm having it ceramic coated this weekend and the brake callipers painted red which I feel will really set the car off.

If anyone has any advice, tips, car care I would really welcome it, I have never owned a car like this before and i really want to get the most out of it/look after it.

Patrick

IMG_3535.jpg

2018 Jaguar F Type R-Dynamic P340
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Congratulations Patrick.

Tip number 1 - be prepared for lots of face ache from the constant grin the car will give you.

Tip number 2 - make a list of things you might suddenly “just need to pop out” for.

Enjoy 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Re ceramic coating
I had this done and tbh its a bit smoke and mirrors
The car will still chip and you will still get swirls and surface marking if you dont take precautions
I am now off the opinion the correct washing and very soft cloths and waxing yields a similar finish
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi PBV6,
Welcome to the wonderfull world of the F-Type drivers.. 8-)

There's a lot to read up on this forum. Sounds you like to do some mods. There are plenty options for wheels,
exhausts, spacers , you name it. If its too rainy you have plenty to read !

For the 'ceramic coating' : there's nothing ceramic/glass about it. It just seals the paint so you can keep it clean easier.
I assume there is a huge diferrence in quality. I had some stuff placed with high expectations that evaporated a few
weeks later. Still swirlls and dirt sticking to it. I was pretty fed-up so demanded a refund and recieved it as a full
credit to a carwash pass. I now take it through a [ very modern, SOA carwash, not the nylon brush type ] washing street,
and I do not see a disturbing increase in swirlls.. :mrgreen:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@PBV6

Just came across another thread, would make interesting reading for you !

Guys there are very positive about coating, also PPF :
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3176
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

good old wash and polish will do it every time at a fraction of the cost
chicb

Post by chicb »

With the low front you should really consider paint protection film for at least the nose & ideally the bonnet also. Doing the whole car is expensive. Ceramic coating does not prevent chips, it only makes the car easier to wash. I have Gtechniq ceramic coating on all my cars. Enjoy your car, looks good.
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Patrick,

Welcome to the fold & congratulations on your new arrival.

One tip I can share is to make sure the rubber door window seals are kept lubricated. You’ll be aware the door windows drop/rise when opening/closing door. About twice a year smear a thin coat of clear silicone grease along all the rubber seals that make contact will the glass. This will keep the mechanism working smoothly & stop the rubber drying out, sticking & straining the rubber. Only downside is a bit of grease residue noticeable when door opened or window down. Small price to pay to keep everything as Jaguar indended.

These are the areas that can prematurely degrade & become problematic, as well as costly, if not maintained.

Enjoy!
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
PBV6

Post by PBV6 »

Thanks a lot for the replies, it's greatly appreciated.

I have just inquired about PPF for the front end, depending on price I will hopefully get this done.

Cheers
Patrick
2018 Jaguar F Type R-Dynamic P340
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
chicb

Post by chicb »

Ref post about greasing the rubbers, Gummi Pfledge is far better to use. Its especially good in the winter as it prevents the seals icing & preventing the doors opening. Easy to apply, will keep the seals supple with no fear of it getting on your clothes
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post