My first F-Type!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
grum

Post by grum »

Hello all,

After many years of driving a Honda S2000 and no sign of a replacement on the horizon, I decided to switch to an F-Type.

I collected the car this afternoon (V6 S 2014, Firesand) - only driven it for two hours and still grinning from cheek to cheek several hours later!

Really pleased to find this forum and so many enthusiasts (I was actuality looking for info about USB music playback but I’ll search further or start a new topic).

Cheers!
Grum
2014 V6 S convertible, Firesand
Interior and exterior black packs. 20" blade CF wheels, Jet with Firesand leather.

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club! Firesand is a fabulous colour, too. I'm almost jealous. :)
Regarding USB music playback, what do you want to know? I have a 32GB memory stick plugged into the USB socket in my F-Type's centre console cubby and it plays fine. Do you have USB sockets in yours? Which of the three sound systems do you have, the "standard" one, the Meridian 380W (the one I have) or the Meridian 770W, labelled "Surround"?
Last edited by scm on Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
grum

Post by grum »

Hi, I wasn’t expecting such a quick reply, thank you! I have posted in a thread about USB playback. but briefly, standard sound system, 64GB stick, AAC 320k format. They play but pause briefly every few seconds.

And the Firesand colour is amazing - it keeps changing :)
Interior and exterior black packs. 20" blade CF wheels, Jet with Firesand leather.
scm

Post by scm »

Ah, I use variable (max) MP3 files, and not had any issues with random pauses. Is it a relatively new memory stick that can cope with the transfer rate?

However, I have to confess that I rarely use the sound system as the quad speakers at the back of mine (you only have a stereo pair!) are the best soundtrack for the car!

Also, when you get a chance, can I suggest you update your profile to show your car details in your signature and add a location so we know roughly where you are? That info will appear with every post you make so you won't have to keep repeating information with any requests you make. ;)
Last edited by scm on Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

If I had my time again, it would be Firesand, just love that colour.
Oh and the V8 soundtrack😢
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
grum

Post by grum »

Thanks, I’ll play with different formats tomorrow and it is a newish stick, worked in my last car, USB class 10, I think.
But I agree that the exhaust note is the best soundtrack, so not a problem!
John007

Post by John007 »

Welcome to the Firesand club! Best colour out there! And a V6 S - every box is ticked!
2014 Firesand Orange
380PS Coupe S
Panoramic roof, switchable exhaust, red calipers, heated steering wheel, heated front windscreen, 19" Centrifuge black wheels
jimbo1958

Post by jimbo1958 »

John007 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:02 pm Welcome to the Firesand club! Best colour out there! And a V6 S - every box is ticked!
+1 on that. Be prepared that they do attract a lot of attention, in a good way I've found.

Regarding the USB music files. I have the Meridian 770w and found a few files with high bitrates wouldn't play. Have re-encoded everything to 192kbps and no problems now.
Last edited by jimbo1958 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F-type v6s Roadster - Firesand
grum

Post by grum »

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Profile and signature updated.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Oh and photos needed, or some on here won't believe you😀
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies