New Black AWD R in London

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
BlackTypeR

Post by BlackTypeR »

Hello everybody!

I have been lurking here for some time and now finally the owner of a 2015 F-Type R AWD. The car has around 9k miles on the clock, and comes with pretty much all I was looking spec wise (pan roof, parking pack and a few small extras). Coming from a Porsche 997, the F Type feels a lot more composed and the interior does feel a lot more luxurious than it looks on pictures (to be fair, my old Porsche was 12 years old!)

Before picking up the car, I had the rear sub frame repainted and treated (I picked this common issue up reading through the forum - thanks!) as well as the carbon blade alloys refinished in black.

I still have a few things on my mind that I am planning to do over the course of this year, such as getting it fully paint corrected and ceramic coated, as well as potentially adding a few, subtle red accents to break the blacked out themed (thinking pin stripes along the front splitter, side skirts, rear diffuser etc, but still debating!)

Black F Type R AWD 2015
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3764

basher

Post by basher »

That's one aggressive looking cat. Congrats.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
BlackTypeR

Post by BlackTypeR »

Thank you basher!

Once it's all clean and prepped, I'll take some proper pictures!

This was on day 1, having picked up the car Saturday morning, i spent a good amount of time in the afternoon to fully strip/decon the car and apply some bead maker to start with until i can get it paint corrected and ceramic coated!

I must admit that I probably enjoy taking care of the car as much as driving it hehe
Black F Type R AWD 2015
scm

Post by scm »

BlackTypeR wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:00 pm... potentially adding a few, subtle red accents to break the blacked out themed (thinking pin stripes along the front splitter, side skirts, rear diffuser etc, but still debating!)
I think someone on the US forum has done that, maybe worth a search to see if you like the look. I didn't personally, but each to his own, eh? Enjoy your cat! :)

Oh, and welcome to the club!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

Hi, welcome to the forum nice looking example. I’m based in west London me and Tim another member on here occasionally meet up with some other members , your more than welcome to join us. Enjoy the car.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Nice looking car!

Here’s a picture of one here in Qatar with sills highlighted in red, might give you a bit of an idea.

99AB55BA-F0F0-40DC-A639-A2DE6CC10D5A.jpeg

BlackTypeR

Post by BlackTypeR »

GusA wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:02 am Nice looking car!

Here’s a picture of one here in Qatar with sills highlighted in red, might give you a bit of an idea.
Looks good! What I have envisaged was more a thin strip along the bottom border of the car, I think I saw some pictures of a white car in the US jaguarforum and I thought it would look good on black

Alasdair63 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:30 pm Hi, welcome to the forum nice looking example. I’m based in west London me and Tim another member on here occasionally meet up with some other members , your more than welcome to join us. Enjoy the car.
That sounds great, I'll drop you a pm with my details!
Black F Type R AWD 2015

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post