David from Bury St edmunds

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
babydavep

Post by babydavep »

Hello all!

I am finally here! I have the money, I have now finally... convinced my wife. I am ready to buy my 1st F Type lol.

I thought it would be a good idea to join this forum to get an idea of car options, things to look out for etc etc.

Thanks

D

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the forum. If your wife (finally!) needed convincing, maybe you married the wrong one! :D
Which model are you looking to get?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Happy car hunting. If you need a history check on any possible purchase then drop me a PM with reg plate.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
babydavep

Post by babydavep »

Hi simpleR that is greatly appreciated, I will be sure to chase you up if I find something.

Scm maybe I did marry the wrong one however one upgrade at a time!! Lol. I am looking for a straight v6. I didn't really want to pay more than 30k.

I am also not sure about any options I should be looking for. I did find a ftype on autotrader it was £26000 but mileage was in the late 60k so wasnt too sure about that. Do you have any suggestions of spec? Thx
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Dave,

Lots to chose from on the 2nd hand market, have you considered the V6s as well? (380bhp)

You looking for coupe or convertible?

Options that were on my list;
Active exhaust (switchable button, wouldn’t be the same car without it in my opinion)
Performance seats
Pan roof if coupe
Heated seats if convertible
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

babydavep wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:30 am Hello all!

I am finally here! I have the money, I have now finally... convinced my wife. I am ready to buy my 1st F Type lol.

I thought it would be a good idea to join this forum to get an idea of car options, things to look out for etc etc.

Thanks

D
Hello David

welcome to the forum .. what spec did you have in mind ? you will find we are a friendly bunch :D