Potential New owner - 400 Sport or R?

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

With this dilemma I’d without doubt get the SVR
It’s lost £40k so should be a better bet, rarer and the halo model
Below that the V8 for reasons many state
The 400 is just a badge run of the V6S with 20HP, which a tune can release, a few body bits and some yellow trim that could date. I doubt it will be a depreciation hedge
Finally - After a Mustang you’d miss the V8
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

How can you resist??? :D

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3660
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
bobpies

Post by bobpies »

thanks for chiming in everyone!

I had the decision made up for me in the end, the 400 sold the very next day and after shopping around on autotrader I could see the V8 could be had for much cheaper. So i am gonna go with the V8

Unfortunately, i live in Northern Ireland and there are no V8's kicking about for me to play with at all, so i have the dealer keeping an eye out for me, i will keep an eye out myself, and when one pops up i will most likely grab it.

Otherwise, when my PCP runs out here in November i'll head over to the mainland to get one.

I am still slightly worried about making the leap, i love how the Mustang looks, and everyone seems to love it which is nice too - always something funny happening when i take it out. I will miss that, and i don't expect to see it when i get the Jag.

on a side note, does anyone know what colour this wrap is? as i think i may be tempted to go for a satin wrap to change things up - i love a lot about the setup of this particular car https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 018&page=1
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

That is car 47403. It is (or was) Glacier White.
So presume wrapped.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Great choice on a V8, you will not be disappointed and the smile will stay for a very long time
bobpies

Post by bobpies »

simpleR wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:33 pm That is car 47403. It is (or was) Glacier White.
So presume wrapped.
yeh i was hoping for the colour of the wrap, it says in the notes that it is a SVO colour
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

It looks like Ultra Blue Metallic - that someone's taken a Brillo pad to :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I know his goes off thread and was only to illustrate a wrap colour, but am I alone that I would never buy a wrapped car?
I could not sleep wondering what paint or body damage might lurk below, or how well it would remove
Would have to be. £5k discount to going rate to cover potential costs
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
lewihoga

Post by lewihoga »

Completely agree with you jeeper
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Ditto
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views