Newbie saying Hello

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
NCC

Post by NCC »

Hello!

I fell in love with JLR products a long time ago and now a couple of Evoques, an F-Pace and RRS SVR later, I’m about to place an order for a new build F-Type. I always said I’d not go down the brand new route again after my first Evoque and the huge depreciation. However, circumstances change and I’m back on the configurator, spending a load of time (and money!) speccing a dream car.

No doubt I’ll have lots of questions but in the meantime, are there any ‘must have’ options on the convertible? We’re going for an R-Dynamic, 380hp, RWD. Probably in one of the whites, although that remains to be finally decided. I’m keen on the 12-way adjustable seats as they’re spot on in the RRS and I’m not adverse to raiding the options cupboard, so the exterior carbon pack is calling out to me very loudly, despite the high cost! Is there anything I really, really need though, as opposed to just wanting it?

Many thanks in advance.

Nick
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!

scm

Post by scm »

What you really really need is down to you. My must-haves were heated windscreen, heated and cooled seats and a heated flat-bottomed steering wheel. I bought (slightly) used so had to take what was there, but I'm happy with mine - it has the fixed spoiler, which I think looks better at all speeds, but I may be in a minority there. Mine is Glacier (now Yulong) White with the carbin stuff and a leather headliner so it's pretty well specced, although it doesn't have the forward facing camera (to show speed limits) or adaptive cruise, which are nice -to-haves. It also has the 14-way memory seats (no adjustable side bolsters). Good luck with your choice! :D

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Only must have I've found for the convertible, is a heated steering wheel. Just takes the edge off on a late night, roof down drive!
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

The options that were must haves for me were, Powerfold mirrors, Meridian stereo, Front parking sensors, Performance heated seats, Active exhaust and nice wheels. Some of these might be standard on the latest models though. Mine is 2013. Heated steering wheel wasn't on my list as I've never had one before but wouldn't be without it now.

I was lucky to find one with all the above plus a lot more (over £16k in options). Just took some time and patience .

Oh and welcome Nick.
Last edited by XZ4 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

For me (V6s convertible too) my must haves were;

Performance seats
Active exhaust
Heated seats
Design / exterior pack

Everything else was a bonus
Good luck, you won’t be disappointed!

Also get your hands on a wind deflector, massive difference with roof down and windows up
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

For me it was Performance seats, active exhaust switch, Meridian (which I hardly ever use!), heated front screen.
As a weekend car White is good - especially with black pack - but you need to like detailing and de-flying it!
I used to say grey wasn’t a real colour, but couldn’t be happier with the look in Lunar metallic with stone leather and Turbine wheels.
Each to their own though - take your time to get the spec. just right.
My wind deflector’s been in the garage since I bought the car 2 years ago.
For me it was a marginally noticed advantage, hampered rear mirror vision, but the biggie was it spoils the cool looks 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
RagtopRoadster

Post by RagtopRoadster »

I bought my MY19 new off of the showroom floor. Sadly, the only thing that it didn’t have, which I really, really wanted was memory seats as the guys in the “hand wash” always move the seats to vac and clean the interior. Getting the comfort position back is a real pain - easy fix, I clean the interior myself now. Interesting comment about the wind deflector, Lunar. Only this afternoon I was thinking about removing it. Marginal difference, you say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep, even after a 12 hour drive to Switzerland last year on the way to Tuscany.
Try it (tops of side clips just push forwards and it lifts out) and you’ll never go back with the cleaner looks!
...I guess it might be an upside to my tinnitus too though!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
vika01

Post by vika01 »

Why buy a new one now when the big facelift is coming?
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
scm

Post by scm »

vika01 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:38 am Why buy a new one now when the big facelift is coming?
Facelifts aren't always an improvement on what went before .... ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post