Newbie saying Hello

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Chrissyg wrote:
dbv6s wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:09 pm
vika01 wrote: Minimal? Horizontal lights will completely change it. New rear lights. New interior, etc.

Interior changes are negligible - the obvious infotainment upgrade like the velar and 19my ranges

Exterior has new lights and think of it like a revised exterior pack. Lines remain near identical, as a silhouette you wouldn’t know new from old

Trust me - was in one this afternoon ;)
I only ask as these cars are only available to employees of JLR for test and development work normally, and are under strict non-disclosure agreements whoever they're being driven by or shown to - and that would include you. I'm not trying to be difficult, but as an employee of the company, I've got a vested interest (for the future of the company), in ensuring that people who have exposure to our new vehicles (who are given access in confidence), don't go blabbing about them in public/on the internet, as I have not done so about any of our upcoming products. Curious to hear your reply..

Hi Chris, I’ve not let go of any information that wasn’t already in the public eye;

- cars are camo’d up and there for everyone to see hence my point about the silhouette.

- there is a thread on this forum posting ‘spy shots’ showing new lights, something already mentioned by another forum member in this chain too

- as with pretty much every facelift in the car industry and especially a Jlr one, infotainment system upgrades are standard as it’s the first item to get ‘dated’. The velar had a new design language inside which was then rolled out to all other Range Rover vehicles then Ipace then most recently the revised XE - its natural progression to assume this trickles into all upcoming cars (especially facelifts rather than brand new platform vehicles).

Any issues, let me know

Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

dbv6s wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:19 am
Chrissyg wrote:
dbv6s wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Interior changes are negligible - the obvious infotainment upgrade like the velar and 19my ranges

Exterior has new lights and think of it like a revised exterior pack. Lines remain near identical, as a silhouette you wouldn’t know new from old

Trust me - was in one this afternoon ;)
I only ask as these cars are only available to employees of JLR for test and development work normally, and are under strict non-disclosure agreements whoever they're being driven by or shown to - and that would include you. I'm not trying to be difficult, but as an employee of the company, I've got a vested interest (for the future of the company), in ensuring that people who have exposure to our new vehicles (who are given access in confidence), don't go blabbing about them in public/on the internet, as I have not done so about any of our upcoming products. Curious to hear your reply..

Hi Chris, I’ve not let go of any information that wasn’t already in the public eye;

- cars are camo’d up and there for everyone to see hence my point about the silhouette.

- there is a thread on this forum posting ‘spy shots’ showing new lights, something already mentioned by another forum member in this chain too

- as with pretty much every facelift in the car industry and especially a Jlr one, infotainment system upgrades are standard as it’s the first item to get ‘dated’. The velar had a new design language inside which was then rolled out to all other Range Rover vehicles then Ipace then most recently the revised XE - its natural progression to assume this trickles into all upcoming cars (especially facelifts rather than brand new platform vehicles).

Any issues, let me know
Fair cop, can't disagree too much - I guess my minor gripe is that someone with information not available to the public is commenting and sort of confirming the speculation, on something that's fairly secret at the moment. I'm probably a little sensitive about it, due to my significant investment in time and career in the company, and I'm fairly protective of it! I know a lot of privileged information, and wouldn't (and haven't!) commented on anything full stop as I don't believe it would benefit the company (not to mention my career :lol: ).

As you've chosen not to comment on how you got access to the vehicle, regardless of how you did, it's either with the blessing of JLR or you're an employee and privileged access, or public through marketing - either way you'll have signed an NDA to see it, so isn't commenting getting fairly borderline with that agreement? Just my 2 pence worth, but I'll pipe down now, you've made some good counter points to my questions :) I'll pipe down and let the thread carry on.

Sorry, I'm just protective of the two fantastic brands I work for! :D Hope you understand!
steviegtr wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:18 am If you work for the Company then how is it your only just liking the F-type. He was only saying what has already been posted on a public youtube site.
It isn't, this is my third F-Type :D
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

I hope the OP Nick is still with this one after it got diverted off into the future facelift model rather than help with speccing his new ride.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Well just to carry this on a bit. Back further than I want to remember. I had a E-type series 2 4.2 drophead, in powder blue.
To me it was the best of the E-types. But some say the early 3.8 series 1 was better looking. Some say the series 3 V12 was the best. Beauty in the eye. Lets wait & see. Cannot think it could be more attractive than it is now. But who knows. :?: :?: :?:

my etype.jpg

2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Oh & yes I had hair then. Lots of it. Bald as a coot now.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Prize for guessing what is in my left jeans pocket.
RagtopRoadster

Post by RagtopRoadster »

Dunhill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Nope.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Tip. You got green shield stamps with them.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Back on topic please.
As in the Op's speccing of a new F-Type.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post