Hello!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Pauliedg

Post by Pauliedg »

Hi everyone-

I’ve just joined as I plan to buy an F-type in the next couple of weeks (as soon as I sell my 911)
Hoping to get a heads up on ownership before I press the button and get one

Thanks

Paul

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Paul, great choice, what model are you after?
New or used?
Keep in mind that absolutely everything was a cost option so best to start putting together a list of must haves
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Welcome to the forum ... good luck with your purchase, keep us updated :D
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the forum! First thing you have to decide is whether you want half an engine, three-quarters of an engine or a whole one. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

very funny SCM .... :lol:
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I had a 911. 3.6 Carrera 2 for 6 years. Truthfully I hardly used it even though I had heavily modified the whole car. Full Gemballa body kit & spoilers. Modified silencers & much more. Did 2500 miles in all time I had it. Also a silly power Skyline R33 gtr Vspec. Plus lots of other cars & bikes. I now have the V8R AWD F-type & can honestly say I always take the long way home. Most fun that can be had out of bed. Even that is questionable as the car never says no & spits & bites you all the time. Dynamic mode a must. If you like raw power the V8 all day. If you like safe V8 power the R AWD. If you want economy as an everydayer then maybe look at the V6. If you want to just pose the the 4 pot will do fine. They are all beautiful to look at. You will spend a lot of time cleaning it as the rear end loves to get covered in sooty grime.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Pauliedg wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:44 pm Hoping to get a heads up on ownership before I press the button and get one

Thanks Paul
Hello and welcome, if you want a history check on any particular purchase then feel free to send me a reg plate and I'll look up the VIN and history on Jaguars system for you.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

@ Paul,

You'll certainly be looking at it a whole lot more than you did the Porsche, that's for sure.
And when you see on on the road, it's a case of "Oh, F Type !"
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

I was in the same position just over a year ago. Took me some time to find the colour, spec etc I wanted. Good luck with your search.
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
Pauliedg

Post by Pauliedg »

Stuck a deposit down on a Santorini black 2.0 coupe R dynamic. Brand new, comes with panoramic roof, black pack and 20” alloys. It looks the absolute bollocks. First decision was to take the coupe over the cab and the reasoning was simply that the coupe looks better and I have another Porsche Cabriolet (a supercharged 968) in the garage at home if I want to do open air driving.

The next decision was engine and I tried them all. I realised that even though my current car does 175mph, I’ve never taken it over 120. Most of the time I’m sat at 85 so power wasn’t that important. As for noise, I used to be in the army so I’m deaf anyway (the new car does have switchable exhaust but not sure how much difference that makes)

Anyway, I’m supposed to collect it on Bank Holiday Monday ( although I’m negotiating to try and delay it to a 69 plate a few days later) then it’s going straight to a detailed for Gtechniq ceramic coating and possibly paint protection film (anyone tried it?)

All in all, I’m very excited