Hello!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Pauliedg wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:29 pm Stuck a deposit down on a Santorini black 2.0 coupe R dynamic. Brand new, comes with panoramic roof, black pack and 20” alloys. It looks the absolute bollocks. First decision was to take the coupe over the cab and the reasoning was simply that the coupe looks better and I have another Porsche Cabriolet (a supercharged 968) in the garage at home if I want to do open air driving.

The next decision was engine and I tried them all. I realised that even though my current car does 175mph, I’ve never taken it over 120. Most of the time I’m sat at 85 so power wasn’t that important. As for noise, I used to be in the army so I’m deaf anyway (the new car does have switchable exhaust but not sure how much difference that makes)

Anyway, I’m supposed to collect it on Bank Holiday Monday ( although I’m negotiating to try and delay it to a 69 plate a few days later) then it’s going straight to a detailed for Gtechniq ceramic coating and possibly paint protection film (anyone tried it?)

All in all, I’m very excited
If buying new are you taking advantage of the 20% discount available to veterans?

Pauliedg

Post by Pauliedg »

I knew nothing about this
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Pauliedg wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 pm I knew nothing about this
If you google ‘military discount jaguar uk’ you’ll see there are 2 dealers offering discount to diplomats and armed forces. I’ve dealt with both of them and the newest one is Salisbury Land Rover (Westover) who have been excellent with me. When I put my deposit down they were offering 20% off (including accessories and extras) for the F Type and an extra 2% off for the 4 pot 2.0 L model - quite a saving.

You just need to provide a copy of your certificate of service or other proof of service if you don’t have that.

Hope it’s not too late for you - only the 2 authorised dealers can sort this for you and other dealers aren’t normally keen to advertise for them as you can understand.
Pauliedg

Post by Pauliedg »

Brilliant- thanks for that. I will try and get the dealer i was going to use to match it
Pauliedg

Post by Pauliedg »