Hi from new F-Type owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Weeble69

Post by Weeble69 »

Hi,

Ive just become the proud owner of a 2015 F-Type V6 in white. It has a straight through exhaust and the sound is astounding. Looking forward to chatting.

Cheers,
Ian

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club! And you've chosen the best colour ... ;)
is the exhaust an after-market fitting?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:56 pm Welcome to the club! And you've chosen the best colour ... ;)
I would be carefull with that remark.. ..any US-member might call you a " white-supremist " , hiding your true identity on a car forum.. :roll:

Some idiot just called me a nazi there for putting a link on a homeless project in LA on a topic on overpriced houses.. ..its a global village
and anyone is supposed to know all the local innuendo even if you are not local..

Like you told me once about the English meaning of 'dike', though I'm sure the meaning we intend orignates from the early middle ages,
a bit older then your alternative meaning..

Better get a black car. Black pride is not offensive apparently. Or blue, like me. I might miss some other issue with that for some
nick on the globe maybe.. :? [ bleu knot, blue tie, blue jeans.. ..oh my, they could think I am a JC fan..].

I recently was asked if I was "right wing" since my email ends with "DDS" , short for "De Digitale Stad" [the digital city], eldest internet provider
in the Netherlands.... I never heard of it but there is a website named "DDS" short for .. .. just checked "De Dagelijkse Standaard" , I assume
meaning a daily news or something.. So I now think of changing my provider as you never know who might think alike and brand you
as a fascist for no reason then their own bigotry. :oops:
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
scm

Post by scm »

Yes Dan, I suppose technically my car isn't a colour, since nowadays "of colour" seems to mean anything but white. But although I was born in England, I'm actually of mixed race (Anglo-Belgian), but who would believe me?
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:24 pm I'm actually of mixed race (Anglo-Belgian), but who would believe me?
..you speak Flemish.. ??? :P

Whenever I get in some kind of discussion on this subject, I also say there is no "white" variety, only "pale" .
While in the sun they can turn any colour but green.. .. most likely sequence is pink - red - brown - black..

And we have this thing in the Netherlands now about the 'slavery guilt' projected on the Dutch as in the 1600
a company shipped people from one continent to another.. ..and then they would blame me .. ..bigotry !

I am pale and I am a guy, but my ancestors only came here in 1710 from somewhere in Germany...
.. and that shuts them up. They only then see how unreal they are.

But some are so dumb they think the Netherlands are just a province of Germany, so they still don't get it.
Mostly from another continent.
scm

Post by scm »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:58 pm ..you speak Flemish.. ??? :P
No, my father spoke English and mother originally spoke French. Maternal grandfather was Oxford born (and educated), maternal grandmother (whom I never met) spoke Flemish, their Antwerp home was a riot of miscommunication! Apparently when I started speaking I spoke with a strong French accent - school soon drove that out ....
Weeble69

Post by Weeble69 »

scm wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:56 pm Welcome to the club! And you've chosen the best colour ... ;)
is the exhaust an after-market fitting?
I suspect so.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Gents, can we please stick to discussing the car.
Things are/were veering towards political and that isn't appropriate on here.
Thanks.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Congrats on the new car Ian!
Got any pictures?
Where are you from?

Few events coming up especially this weekend if you were interested around the midlands area
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

scm wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:00 pm Apparently when I started speaking I spoke with a strong French accent - school soon drove that out ....
I often forget to switch the 'respond' switch on. Can not get used to that...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post