New F-type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

Hi
I recently read in the jaguar magazine that oil pump failure is the most common cause of engine failures and there is a steady
demand for engines which sell second hand for £5’500-£6000. But they didn’t say why the pump would fail.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

JarredW77 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:57 pm Hi! I'm not a new F-Type driver. I'm an old one having bought my 3.0 V6S in May 2015. However, after only 4 years and 77,000 I am now a non-F Type driver as my engine has broken spectacularly so that I am told by JLR that I need a new engine at a cost of £17,000! I was wondering if there was anyone on the forum who has experienced similar engine problems and, if so, how they dealt with them.

Yes, the car was just coming up to 5 years old, yes, it had done 77,000 miles but I am wrong to think that a car such as this should not be needing a whole new engine in that time? Worryingly, Jaguar have not (despite repeated requests) told me why this has happened, just that I need a new engine. I am now 5 weeks down the line without a car and the Main Dealer will not even provide a courtesy car until I have signed my order form for a new engine. It seems I am also going to have to spend money on an independent vehicle assessor to actually tell me what went wrong and why. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I should say, that until this happened, I loved my F Type. I would have bought F Type's going forward as they look and sound great. I desperately wanted Jaguar to be good about this so I could! They've been so terrible it's going to be very hard to justify it in the future.
Hi.
You have posted on someone else's topic introducting their new car.
It would be better if you started a fresh topic on your issues and I'll move these replies over to it.
Thanks.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

JarredW77 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:57 pm Hi! I'm not a new F-Type driver. I'm an old one having bought my 3.0 V6S in May 2015. However, after only 4 years and 77,000 I am now a non-F Type driver as my engine has broken spectacularly so that I am told by JLR that I need a new engine at a cost of £17,000! I was wondering if there was anyone on the forum who has experienced similar engine problems and, if so, how they dealt with them.

Yes, the car was just coming up to 5 years old, yes, it had done 77,000 miles but I am wrong to think that a car such as this should not be needing a whole new engine in that time? Worryingly, Jaguar have not (despite repeated requests) told me why this has happened, just that I need a new engine. I am now 5 weeks down the line without a car and the Main Dealer will not even provide a courtesy car until I have signed my order form for a new engine. It seems I am also going to have to spend money on an independent vehicle assessor to actually tell me what went wrong and why. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I should say, that until this happened, I loved my F Type. I would have bought F Type's going forward as they look and sound great. I desperately wanted Jaguar to be good about this so I could! They've been so terrible it's going to be very hard to justify it in the future.

Hi and welcome and sorry to hear that.
First post issues I see. Probably not best to hijack the OP's new beautiful (and rare manual) thread.
Give us some background to the issue, pics, how long you have had it for, history and which dealer it is at etc etc etc etc.
Lots of helpful folk here. With a reg I can look at history as well.

EDIT: Sorry Phil posted the same time as you.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

simpleR wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 pm EDIT: Sorry Phil posted the same time as you.
No probs.
If he starts a new topic I can move things across and clear this one up.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Sorry to hear of the failure
Would be good to know the circumstances, anything visible externally, etc.
I’m terms of JLR telling you the reason I can understand. If they tell you exactly why you, won’t pay, toe it away and get an Indy to fit one.
Personally I’d consider that route now unless you are seeking any sort of warranty claim.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Congratulations on the new F-Type William looks superb, not so many V6’s in Belgium and even less manual ones
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
JarredW77

Post by JarredW77 »

Hi! Still trying to work out how to reply to comments. Hope this is right. Anyway, 3 weeks down the line and 9 weeks after my Santorini black 3.0 V6S convertible went bang and I am still waiting for Duckworth JLR in Boston to fix it. JLR have offered to contribute 50% of new engine cost but £8,500 is still a big figure to find for a car only 5 years old. Plus, no explanation despite repeated requests as to what actually went wrong. Oh, and when I asked if for that amount I would get back a working car, the response was fairly non-committal! Is this standard JLR practice?
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Back to the gent with the V6 Manual, It's rare and a variant that I'm certain will be a sought after classic in the years to come.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

PhilB

Post by PhilB »

JarredW77 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:57 pm Hi! Still trying to work out how to reply to comments. Hope this is right.
I'm afraid you have posted on a topic for someone introducing their new car.
As I said earlier, please start a new topic (F-Type Technical sub forum) about your issues and then I can move your posts and replies from here to your own topic where you may get a better response.
Thanks.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post