New F-type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
William86

Post by William86 »

Hello Everyone
A new F-type owner from Belgium reporting in. Took delivery of my new F-type a month ago (V6 manual, in eiger grey). Thought I'd read up a bit, and meet fellow drivers of the car I'm still falling more in love with each day :D
This is also my first British car after a lifetime of being a porsche enthusiast (still am) and a 911 driver for 9 years. Even though I think the two are incomparable, I am not dissapointed at all in the British effort ;)

IMG-2063.jpg

Last edited by PhilB on Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title amended as it was attracting new members posting thinking it was an introductions topic

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Welcome to the friendliest F-Type forum there is William :)

Oooh a manual - quite a rare beast.

Eiger grey looks quite like Lunar grey from that photo - I think it really shows of the car's graceful contours well - nice!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Weeble69

Post by Weeble69 »

Now that Sir is a thing of beauty!
scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
William86

Post by William86 »

Lunar wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:21 pm
Oooh a manual - quite a rare beast.
So I've heard. Apparently it was the first manual sold at my dealer, and probably the last as well
William86

Post by William86 »

Weeble69 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:28 pm Now that Sir is a thing of beauty!
Thank you!
The attention this car has gotten in just a few weeks, and the amount of people coming up to compliment it is stunning! Certainly never experienced anything close to it with the 911 ;)
XZ4

Post by XZ4 »

Great looking F Type. Very rare with the manual box. Enjoy !!!!
MY14 3.0S Convertible. Polaris White with black hood, Black pack, Design pack, 20" Cyclones, Red performance heated seats, heated flat bottom steering wheel, Meridian sound system, plus lots more
basher

Post by basher »

Beautiful colour. Enjoy. 😁
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
JarredW77

Post by JarredW77 »

Hi! I'm not a new F-Type driver. I'm an old one having bought my 3.0 V6S in May 2015. However, after only 4 years and 77,000 I am now a non-F Type driver as my engine has broken spectacularly so that I am told by JLR that I need a new engine at a cost of £17,000! I was wondering if there was anyone on the forum who has experienced similar engine problems and, if so, how they dealt with them.

Yes, the car was just coming up to 5 years old, yes, it had done 77,000 miles but I am wrong to think that a car such as this should not be needing a whole new engine in that time? Worryingly, Jaguar have not (despite repeated requests) told me why this has happened, just that I need a new engine. I am now 5 weeks down the line without a car and the Main Dealer will not even provide a courtesy car until I have signed my order form for a new engine. It seems I am also going to have to spend money on an independent vehicle assessor to actually tell me what went wrong and why. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I should say, that until this happened, I loved my F Type. I would have bought F Type's going forward as they look and sound great. I desperately wanted Jaguar to be good about this so I could! They've been so terrible it's going to be very hard to justify it in the future.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

JarredW77 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:57 pm Hi! I'm not a new F-Type driver. I'm an old one having bought my 3.0 V6S in May 2015. However, after only 4 years and 77,000 I am now a non-F Type driver as my engine has broken spectacularly so that I am told by JLR that I need a new engine at a cost of £17,000! I was wondering if there was anyone on the forum who has experienced similar engine problems and, if so, how they dealt with them.

Yes, the car was just coming up to 5 years old, yes, it had done 77,000 miles but I am wrong to think that a car such as this should not be needing a whole new engine in that time? Worryingly, Jaguar have not (despite repeated requests) told me why this has happened, just that I need a new engine. I am now 5 weeks down the line without a car and the Main Dealer will not even provide a courtesy car until I have signed my order form for a new engine. It seems I am also going to have to spend money on an independent vehicle assessor to actually tell me what went wrong and why. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I should say, that until this happened, I loved my F Type. I would have bought F Type's going forward as they look and sound great. I desperately wanted Jaguar to be good about this so I could! They've been so terrible it's going to be very hard to justify it in the future.
You do not say what actually happened. As were you belting down the motorway at speed & the car exploded. Or did it make any strange noises or did you never check the oil/ water etc. Or it simply would not start one day. For it to require a complete engine sounds awfully terminal. As I believe they are very reliable, apart from some of the v6 units having the odd fuel injector problems.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post