Taken the plunge....

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
M21ENO

Post by M21ENO »

Hi. I’ve taken the plunge and put a deposit on a 2013 red convertible V6 S auto. Buying via a non-Jaguar
main agent dealer. With warranty, so fingers crossed. I see that some users - eg SimpleR - can share some history on F type cars? I have the build sheet. Is there any further detail such users can offer? Super excited obviously. Any top tips or cautionary info gratefully received. Regards, Keith
F-Type V6S RWD Convertible
Salsa Red - Cirrus - Orbit

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club! The only advice worth heeding is to strengthen your grin muscles because they'll get worked hard. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome. Post some pics when you get it.

I can find VIN from reg and therefore service history and Topix related items without having to visit or call a dealer.
I can sometimes find reg from VIN from online sales who hide the reg plate.
I can also do a full internet search although as you've already purchased it all of the above will be no help to you.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
M21ENO

Post by M21ENO »

Thanks both. Been browsing for a while and decided to get serious this w/e. In that excited for it to arrive state, which I am sure you experienced ahead of getting your hands on your cars. The reg is AX13***. At present the print of the Jaguar service history shows it all being done at Infiniti in Stockport, but it has paper invoices from main dealers - although last service was done by Infiniti when they took into the showroom. Is that something that will resolve over time? Or do I need to badger someone? Thx Keith
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Car number 5437.

The car started life at HA Fox Norwich.

The online service history is missing first and fourth services. This can be added if you have the paper copy of the service.

The last four services have been at the Infinity centre. Visit HTTPS://osh.jaguar.com and enter VIN to see the service history. I've PM'ed you the VIN if you don't have it.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
M21ENO

Post by M21ENO »

Super helpful. Thanks. This forum feels as friendly as my Frogeye club!

Thanks for the PM SimpleR. I will study that list of spec. I have seen a hand written of what the person who ordered it paid for - so your listing is most welcome. What I really want is a 2013 MY brochure to see what was including spec vs purchasable options. For instance, I thought red brake calipers were an extra but the purchaser didn’t seem to pay extra for them. Has anyone a spare MY 2013 brochure (long shot I know) or a pdf copy? Thanks Keith (even more excited as each day passes!)