New Coupe S owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

Hi, I,m Steve and I live in sunny Margate, Knocking on at 56. But i don't feel like the guy I see in the mirror. A petrol head at heart I have always ridden motorbikes and have a couple in the garage. Love Jaguars I also have an XJS-C 3.6 cabriolet on a D plate. Just recently bought a 2014 V6 S coupe in Silver, Black 20'' wheels, interior, window tints.active exhaust, parking pack, heated memory seats etc Looks and drives fantastic.
I was looking for a later car, but found this one in Tunbridge Wells at a Lamborghini dealership taken in part ex. 2 owners 16k mls, perfect history and in superb condition. The price was right so it's now mine.
It has water ingress into nearside rear lens and the sat nav is not receiving GPS signal. But the dealer is sorting that for me this Friday with it's service included in the price. Are these common faults ?
Looking forward to reading up on past posts and gleaning info along the way, I think i may need some rear tyres soon :D so will look for info on what you all find best the P zero's or A N other.

Regards

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome - post some pics!!

The Sat Nav issue will be a new antenna needed at a guess (mine did the same).
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
scm

Post by scm »

Stevepax wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:54 pm... i don't feel like the guy I see in the mirror.
None of us do, mate! ;)
I think i may need some rear tyres soon :D so will look for info on what you all find best the P zero's or A N other.
A lot of folk on here think that Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are the business on these cars.

And welcome to the forum and an exclusive club! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Welcome along & enjoy your new steed.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
davidd

Post by davidd »

Lovely, welcome and Michelin Pilots all day...
NCC

Post by NCC »

Welcome. Car sounds great. Don’t they all? [emoji6]

Everyone seems to rave about Michelin PS4’s. My car is new and on P-Zeros. Got to say I’m happy with them so far but those have all been on dry(ish) roads and obviously with full tread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
ScottJP

Post by ScottJP »

Hello Steve, I'm in Kent too - hopefully see you around.

Cheers, Scott
F-Type V8 S Convertible
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I'm with the crowd and recommend the Michelin P4S. Pirellis were perfectly good until worn, at which they became like slicks in the cold/wet. You'll definitely know when the Pirelli's are past their best as it'll be very twitchy in the wet and the wheels will spin up on hardy any throttle.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post