Stone damage to Radiator

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

HI all
New to this Forum just brought myself my first f type 2019 P380 RWD, Carpathian grey , Gloss pack , gloss black wheels with Ivory Leather. Only had the car for two months so far only 1500 miles on the clock . Had to go to Guildford yesterday which is a hours drive there and back, on the way back home had a red low coolant light come on I was only 10 minutes away from home so manage to put some water in and get home , after looking at the car found that a stone had gone though the vent just above the splitter and damage the radiator so it started to leak.But I could not believe that there was no mesh or any kind of protection for the radiator so any kind of Debris can enter and damage the rad I know this just unlucky but just wondering if anybody else has had the same thing happened to them and if anybody knows any kind of fix so it doesn’t happen again.
F type R Dynamic p380 rwd carpathian grey, gloss black pack, gloss black wheels, Ivory leather

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi and welcome. First post.

Can you post a picture of front grill and damage.
From searching the forum there are no other reports for "stone radiator damage".

Presuming yours is a new MY20 model?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

4E12676B-5E00-466C-84B2-1B6A6F1E248D.jpeg

Hi as you can see there’s a jet of water coming out
F type R Dynamic p380 rwd carpathian grey, gloss black pack, gloss black wheels, Ivory leather
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

208B4D9B-2B73-484A-8748-CEB9F447BF9B.jpeg

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Yes I see a spray of water very clearly..... and leaves and debris.

Can you take a few photos from further back and continue back taking photos as well? I don't see this on mine which makes me think either a) yours has something missing or b) it's so far zoomed in I am missing it or c) something has changed on later model years.

If you can identify where the photo is in detail I will check a few cars tomorrow morning. Happy to investigate out of interest.
TonyB

Post by TonyB »

17A4E82E-90A0-4160-A202-0ECBA330F907.jpeg

6EA7B389-1622-40BC-80B0-76C9F0B7F6D5.jpeg

Hi thanks for helping only have two more photos as the car is in the dealership for repairs its just above the splitter just of Center . Thinking I’ve just been very unlucky to have a stone go though such a small aperture and damage the rad but just wanted to let other f type owners that this could happen again
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Mine is exactly the same. I guess that is unlucky as it's quite a small gap.
Tel

Post by Tel »

That's just bad luck unfortunately. There's not much thought that could be used to protect the area without disrupting the airflow by the looks of things.

V8's are a totally different setup; Supercharger Intercooler, AC Rad then coolant Rad.

Welcome to the clan, and I hope your journey with your Jag is a smooth one, once fixed!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩