new V6S owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

Hi all,

Long-time Jag owner, new V6S owner.

I'm Mark, and have been the proud owner of a 67 plate V6S for the last 2 weeks. I haven't stopped grinning yet, and doubt I will for a very long time.

This is my 3rd Jag - (x-type estate was no.1, XF Sportbrake was No.2)

I fell lucky with the F-Type - I had gon to the dealers to look at a V8 but hadn't realised it wasn't at my local dealership, but was another in the group. When they looked at shipping over, they found it had been sold 3hrs prevously.

The next day they emailed me with the spec of the one I now own... It had been a podium car in another showroom and as such, although 18 mths old, had not been registered and only had 150 miles on the clock! It also had quite a few options added (winter pack, upgraded seats, upgraded audio, driver pack, etc.) - The list price should be approx £72K - They had it on sale for £51K - Couldn't say no really...

Anyway - great to be here - This is my baby...

73203271_10157840803631349_901050723855237120_o.jpg

MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club, Mark. Sounds like you got a bargain!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
davidd

Post by davidd »

Mine was an ex podium car, was a great buy for the first owner and an even better one for me ;)
Tel

Post by Tel »

Wonder how long it will be before you opt for the model with all the cylinders in the block ;-)

Enjoy, and welcome to the clan...
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
devbrodie

Post by devbrodie »

I had a track day at Elvington on Friday and took the V8 out as one of the 5 choices - Holy cow was it quick - the difference between the V6 and the V8 is immense - saying that, I really don't think I'd ever get chance to use the V8 (legally) on the roads, so I'm quite happy with the V6 at the moment...
MY18 - F-Type 3L V6 R-dynamic AWD
Black Pack
Driver Pack
Winter Pack
Performance Seats
Meridian Surround Sound
scm

Post by scm »

devbrodie wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:35 pm... I really don't think I'd ever get chance to use the V8 (legally) on the roads, so I'm quite happy with the V6 at the moment...
I can use my V8 legally on the roads ... admittedly not to its full potential, but I doubt I could handle that anyway! :D
And you're right, the V8 is a real hooligan of a car ... ;)
Tel

Post by Tel »

devbrodie wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:35 pm I had a track day at Elvington on Friday and took the V8 out as one of the 5 choices - Holy cow was it quick - the difference between the V6 and the V8 is immense - saying that, I really don't think I'd ever get chance to use the V8 (legally) on the roads, so I'm quite happy with the V6 at the moment...
I have been fortunate in that I have tracked both V6's and V8's and the difference two pesky cylinders makes as you say is phenomenal, the biggest IMO being the torque.
They are all pretty damn gorgeous cars whatever your setup 1/2, 3/4 or the full engine...I'm just greedy for acceleration, keeping within the law of course...officer ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:55 pm They are all pretty damn gorgeous cars whatever your setup 1/2, 3/4 or the full engine...I'm just greedy for acceleration, keeping within the law of course...officer ;-)
Can't disagree with any of that! ;)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Tel wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:55 pm
devbrodie wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:35 pm I had a track day at Elvington on Friday and took the V8 out as one of the 5 choices - Holy cow was it quick - the difference between the V6 and the V8 is immense - saying that, I really don't think I'd ever get chance to use the V8 (legally) on the roads, so I'm quite happy with the V6 at the moment...
I have been fortunate in that I have tracked both V6's and V8's and the difference two pesky cylinders makes as you say is phenomenal, the biggest IMO being the torque.
They are all pretty damn gorgeous cars whatever your setup 1/2, 3/4 or the full engine...I'm just greedy for acceleration, keeping within the law of course...officer ;-)
Long may you enjoy your acceleration. I don't recall that aspect ever being illegal. The lift off at speed limit is the tough part :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Deleted User 2510

Post by Deleted User 2510 »

Great looking car Mark and a stunning deal. Hope to join you with my own V6S sometime soon.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post