Hi Everyone

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Making progress, managed to connect my In-Control Account using the 10 seconds press on the service button. and Can now remotely lock the car etc with Jaguar Remote. So that went well. :D

Logged into the Nav on the car successfully, which is great. Now it says Hello Phil...

Maps said it needs updating to use live services and to goto jaguar.here.com, that's where it's all gone wrong.

Logged into Jaguar.here.com, great, can see my favourites that I set on the nav. but if I try to download a map it says you need to add a vehicle, so I try to add, and enter vin and it says your vehicle is connected, and then when I go back to downloads or home it says you need to add a vehicle... :?:
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I've just updated my maps and had a couple of looping issues.

1) Go here and sign in:
https://incontrol.jaguar.com

2) Leaving this webpage open, open a new tab in your browser and go here:
https://jaguarshop.here.com

3) Click on maps and services menu at the top.
It should offer you the maps.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thanks SimpleR,

I did just that... Incontrol logs in just fine, Here Route planner logs in just fine and shows me my destinations etc but when I got to Maps and Services it says Add a vehicle... that's where i'm stuck, I add the vehicle, says you have a connected vehicle, even start the car and go to the Nav which says Hello Phil instead of login, but go to Maps and services it takes me to Add a car... try to do anything in the car it says your maps are out of date to use live services update your maps... so I am stuck in that loop...
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Are you getting the 3 or 4G symbol on the top of the screen?
I noticed you referred to data roaming ?
In the connectivity menu just switch on "mobile data" only.
The roaming facility is when you are trying to find a network abroad and most sims will do that automatically.

I remember having an issue on my second XE that it took 24 hrs for the car to be showing on the here site.
When I go into the here site I go straight to "my account" rather than maps and services.
That will bring up the page with the sidebars for personal details etc and the vehicle and downloads tab.
Have a look and see what is showing on there for the vehicle.
Is it there but the details are greyed out?
The downloads tab should detail which map version is available for your car.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Hi PhilB

You're right I was being impatient!!! I finally took it for a drive this morning to top-up the battery, (the sun was out, but its still really dirty now!) and just tried logging in again and it is now there and I can see 2 possible free downloads

Europe and Russia Map + Services Subscription - 1 Year and 3 - Year... So I guess I go for 3 year!

So will do that tonight, once I dig the 64gb card out of my DSLR and find the USB adaptor.

I do see 4G on the screen, but will check the Connectivity again, (And there is No Wifi menu item still, so is it possible I don't have this on a late 2018 car?)

I also managed to remote start it, lock it and unlock it, can't find the tyre pressures, and the fuel reading is wrong, but other than, making progress!

thanks for all the help!
scm

Post by scm »

Tyres pressures can't be read on the Remote app, only from the menu system on the steering wheel - Vehicle Info (not Settings). Very handy, I check my pressures every trip. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Philskill wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:50 pm Hi PhilB
You're right I was being impatient!!! I finally took it for a drive this morning to top-up the battery, (the sun was out, but its still really dirty now!) and just tried logging in again and it is now there and I can see 2 possible free downloads
Europe and Russia Map + Services Subscription - 1 Year and 3 - Year... So I guess I go for 3 year!
So will do that tonight, once I dig the 64gb card out of my DSLR and find the USB adaptor.
I do see 4G on the screen, but will check the Connectivity again, (And there is No Wifi menu item still, so is it possible I don't have this on a late 2018 car?)
I also managed to remote start it, lock it and unlock it, can't find the tyre pressures, and the fuel reading is wrong, but other than, making progress!
Slowly getting there!
:lol:
Map updates are free for the warranty period so you don't need a subscription or the 3 year plan.
When you go into your account on the here site click on the sidebar "Downloads" and it should display the latest map available.
The latest one appears to be 08.030.0101.0156.
The "101" is the actual map number.
Downloading can be tricky as it says it's around 33GB and you definitely need a 64GB USB 3 stick which is completely empty.
Older USB 2's can cause issues as can using sticks with other content already on them.
I would buy a new 64GB stick and just keep it for the map updates.
Another thing is that the car works with sticks that are formatted to FAT 32.
64GB sticks usually come formatted to a different format (Ex-FAT) which needs to be changed.
Apparently on a Mac this can be done on the device.
On windows you will need to download a small tool to do it.
A good one is recommended by Sandisc and only takes a minute or two.
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/deta ... ty-windows

Once you are ready to go depending on your download speed it can take a few hours.
I downloaded that map the other day and it took 3 hours with my speed of 40 mbps.
To install it in the car it needs to be running whilst you upload it and it takes about 20 minutes so most people go for a drive.

As regards the lack of wifi then that could be down to the version of software the car is running which might need updating.
Best done at the dealer as I won't go into the "over the air" updates which are available.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Merging the two is a bit counter productive IMO..

How can you concentrate on handling and enjoying driving a GT car, whilst driving around hunting for a good signal to download the latest upgrade (good excuse for a drive I guess) to an already outdated/slow system, is in my books multitasking, and should be reserved for women only ;-)

I'm so glad my phone does all this cr** and the car just has a basic sat nav in it ;-)
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
scm

Post by scm »

Tel wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:55 am... good excuse for a drive I guess ...
Who needs an excuse to go for a drive - just do it! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Tel wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:55 am Merging the two is a bit counter productive IMO..

How can you concentrate on handling and enjoying driving a GT car, whilst driving around hunting for a good signal to download the latest upgrade (good excuse for a drive I guess) to an already outdated/slow system, is in my books multitasking, and should be reserved for women only ;-)

I'm so glad my phone does all this cr** and the car just has a basic sat nav in it ;-)
Because you don't need any signal.
The download is done at home onto a memory stick which you then plug into the car which does the rest.
To upload the new nav to the car it has to be running as it will shut down.
You can either sit on your drive or go for a drive.
:D