Hi Everyone

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Well SORN'd and put to bed after a drive out on Christmas day, then wash/dry, tyre pressures, full tank of Premium, CTEK Battery conditioner.

Sad to put it away, but it did get a nice Christmas Pressie, Happy New Year Everyone.

IMG_20201230_160128.jpg

IMG_20201230_160114.jpg

IMG_20201230_160054_sm.jpg

See you in the spring.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Wow have I really not posted on here since last winter!

I'm in a Dilemma, the 3 years is up and the Warranty renewal is in, Normally i'd have driven the car loads and know it inside out and would not bother with Warranty as can do many bits myself and would be happy any issues have been dealt with. But Due to Covid and this not being my Daily driver I hate to say i'm not confident any issues aren't underlying yet as I just haven't driven it as much as I'd like.

So I guess I'm justifying to myself spending on another years Warranty...

I also notice the turbo and wastegate noise a lot (a wooing noise and a trumpety raspberry :D ), assume it's normal but it's kinda weird, so would be interested how much other P300 owners notice theirs at all?
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Millwheel

Post by Millwheel »

Yes, I thought for a while it was gear noise but of course it's the turbo. Not consistent, though, seems most noticeable around town after a fast run. Sort of used to it now.
Barty

Post by Barty »

Mine’s also got a turbo banshee. I’ve had the same in other turbo cars (Alfa 1.4TB particularly) though in the F-Type it sounds like the wooosh comes from behind my ears, as if it was mid-engined. Amplified through the speakers ? Or more likely my hearing is going with age !
P300 R-Dynamic MY2019 Ultra blue
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Hi Guys, Thanks for the replies. I'm glad others notice it, (well you couldn't not really), Don't think it's coming from the speakers though! That would be just Silly :D
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Sunny but cold day yesterday and certainly found the limits of the Pirelli's on the rear, Cold, wet and muddy bend thanks to the HS2 destruction mob, even with slight throttle, rear end was snaking all over the place, quite fun and wild, and very pleased how predictable it was to control, but really was like driving on ice at the rear end.

Probably doesn't help i've now got lovely sticky Cross climates on my Evoque which never slips an inch whatever conditions!
scm

Post by scm »

Wet mud and lots of horses would be a challenge for most tyres.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!