Hi Everyone

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Hi Philskill, I have the 380w meridian in the ftype. It sounds good. But The Evoque we had was the HSE Dyn Lux. as you know that was 825w & did sound much better, although there is more room & speakers in the Evoque. Not much room for sound in the jag is there. If you know what I mean. Resonance , echo, etc etc.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.

scm

Post by scm »

The F-Type is no concert hall .... ;)
But those speakers at the back of the car ... :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

PSX_20191130_235150.jpg

Finally got out in it today, lovely to drive, plenty enough power for me, did my first overtake and boy does it go! Most of the time you are barely tickling it. Surprised how easy it is to drive, just have to remember how long that front is when parking. Satnav updated from usb in 20 mins.

Had a look on the menu on the stalks but could not find the mileage to service.

Even managed a bit of off-roading... ;)
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
scm

Post by scm »

Philskill wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:02 am Had a look on the menu on the stalks but could not find the mileage to service.
On mine it's on the Vehicle Info menu called "Next Service", under the tyre pressure option.

Glad you're enjoying the car, they're awesome, aren't they?
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Yes it's superb, it even got other half approval! So must be good :D

so pleased I made the decision when I did, especially with production now stopping, certainly not seeing the choice second hand that there was a few months back already.

Also found out you cant get a christmas tree in the boot... a boxed plastic 6ft even when collapsed, the girls in the shop were yes you will... let's take it out and try we bet it'll go in... err ...no! :lol:

Was surprised how much you can hear the turbo in the P300, not loud but you sure know it's there.

Need to sort the windscreen, dont know what the dealer has put on it but crikey the wash wipe just turns the screen opaque! Must be caked in wax. Will need to be getting my detailing skills back up to speed.

Will have another look at those menus...
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Oh anyone recommend indoor car dust covers, was surprised how much had built up in the garage, really shows on this colour of course, is the Jag one worth it or are there better ones, obviously biggest concern is marring the paint.
steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

I just bought a cheap one from local car acc shop. Only worry is that I had a car cover over a 911 & it seemed to collect the damp in the garage. Not a problem now as I have a dehumidifier running all the time. Suppose I am lucky now in that I have a garage made from insulated panels, so the damp is minimal. Even thinking of putting a greenhouse heater under the car for the winter to stop any possible corrosion. Roll on the spring so I can go snap crackle & pop.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Philskill wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:30 am Will have another look at those menus...
Try looking with just the ignition on and not starting the engine.
On other JLR products it only appears with just the ignition on.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Of course That'll be it! PhilB, will check again.
scm

Post by scm »

PhilB wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:51 am
Philskill wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:30 am Will have another look at those menus...
Try looking with just the ignition on and not starting the engine.
On other JLR products it only appears with just the ignition on.
The option still appears, but it's greyed out (non-selectable).