Hi Everyone

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Philskill wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:26 pm RPSN, I had a look at the rear cross frame and all looked in perfect health, 1 corner i'll keep an eye on, until i've mentioned the front to the dealer.

Glad to hear that the rear subframe and 3 cross braces are all ok. If you do notice any 'red rust' corrosion appearing, ensure you notify the main dealer before the 3 year manufacturer's warranty expires.

Hope they sort out the slight corrosion on the front 'A' frame but if not it's just a matter of removing the dirt/rust etc and treating accordingly.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Cheers RPSN

This was the Electrical connector in the wheel well, pretty poor show for 5000 miles, the box was full of grit, and the nut rusting away merrily.
So thanks guys for pointing this out!

For now just sprayed some ACF50 on it which should help with the corrosion and give it some water protection.

Excuse the quality!

Whee;WellElectricalConnector.jpg

MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Moley

Post by Moley »

Hi Message for Philskill,

Want to install the CTEK unit but cannot actually see my power distribution block in the boot. I can locate the battery and body control module under the removable floor section but that is all. Is the power distribution block beneath another section of the floor plan. Sorry for the lame question but want to get it correct. I have the 2.0 19 P300 convertible so I am hoping the layout is identical to yours. Many thanks Moley
MY 19 Carpathian Grey R - Dynamic P300 Convertible
scm

Post by scm »

This might be of interest to you ... viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4379&start=40#p43966
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Moley wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 pm Hi Message for Philskill,

Want to install the CTEK unit but cannot actually see my power distribution block in the boot. I can locate the battery and body control module under the removable floor section but that is all. Is the power distribution block beneath another section of the floor plan. Sorry for the lame question but want to get it correct. I have the 2.0 19 P300 convertible so I am hoping the layout is identical to yours. Many thanks Moley
If yours looks like mine (scm posted the link) then remove the 3 nuts from the front panel and fold it down then undo the 4 nuts holding the frame behind. That will then come out and the electrical distribution box is behind and the cover just unclips.

15A966A0-2F46-43D2-A6F5-067C26D9B0FC.jpeg

92764FD0-935C-4565-BB4A-033CE752DD39.jpeg

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Hi Moley, I'm guessing you have the answer from the guys above?
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Moley

Post by Moley »

Brilliant, Many thanks to all. Great pics that really helped. Keep safe. Moley
MY 19 Carpathian Grey R - Dynamic P300 Convertible
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Had a great run and have been playing with the pops and crackles, it may only be the 4 cyl, but it sounded great with some good rumbles on lift, ok not as loud as the V's but then that's what I wanted. I did find using the manual paddles obviously helps to get some crackles out of it. But then realised I don't know how to go back to full automatic shift...?
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Just hold the RH paddle in for a couple of seconds, or knock it out of Sport.
In Dynamic non Sport it reverts to auto after a while anyway.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thanks Lunar, I'll try the hold RH paddle,

it certainly never reverted to manual for the rest of that journey, so was holding onto the Revs every shift, until I shifted or it had to change up.

Not sure I have Sport and Dynamic? I have the Dynamic switch that turns the dials red, and a switch for the Exhaust, Not sure how you would select Sport though?