Hi Everyone

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Installed my CTEK Charging Panel in the boot, a little help from RPSN on trim access which was very useful.

Quite an easy job once you brave removing some clips, on the 2.0 MY19, it has handy places to connect to the Bus Bar, and Negative. Managed to hide the safety fuse in the pre-fuse box too.

Few pics for reference. Car now charging nicely.

DSC03834.JPG

DSC03833.JPG

DSC03832.JPG

DSC03831.JPG

MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Cheers.

The CTEK MXS 5.0 is a great piece of kit.

Looking at your power distribution block, there are fewer connections in it than mine. This must be due to different F-Type models?

The CTEK positive connection that you have made on the bus-bar of the power distribution block is probably ok but the TOPIx Jaguar instructions show that it should be connected on the bus-bar 09 connection, opposite the yellow wire. Also the TOPIx instructions show that the CTEK negative lead is connected to the battery negative post which is on the bodywork (see photo).

Here's a link on how to install the CTEK MXS 5.0 battery charger & conditioner (including step by step photos).

I have also included a link for the TOPIx Jaguar instructions.

https://howtune.com/articles/548-instal ... uar-f-type

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/c ... 20charging

CTEK MXS 5.0 wiring connections.jpg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
scm

Post by scm »

RPSN wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:36 pm Looking at your power distribution block, there are fewer connections in it than mine. This must be due to different F-Type models?
Possibly different model years - my MY18 V8 AWD is as sparsely populated as Philskill's.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

It could be?

This is a photo of my own vehicle's power distribution block before I made the CTEK connections.

It may be that some of the connections inside it are for the optional extras i.e.

Front Parking Aid?

DSCN5373.JPG

Last edited by RPSN on Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thanks RPSN, always useful to see recommended installations, I might move the negative so it's directly on the cable to the battery terminal, I almost put it there anyway but it was not quite as neat an installation, the Positive with the size of that busbar will make no odds and it's probably to allow the fuse to sit outside of the box and not interfere with the cover.

There's certainly a lot more connections made in that box!
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

For the options definitely think 1 will be the powered tailgate, I dont have this and it will work when the car is off.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Philskill wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:31 pm Thanks RPSN, always useful to see recommended installations, I might move the negative so it's directly on the cable to the battery terminal, I almost put it there anyway but it was not quite as neat an installation, the Positive with the size of that busbar will make no odds and it's probably to allow the fuse to sit outside of the box and not interfere with the cover.

There's certainly a lot more connections made in that box!
If you do move the CTEK negative lead onto the negative battery lead (attached to the bodywork) you’ll probably see a bit of sparking going on and several clicks may be heard to the electrical system. You may find that after doing this, the instrument panel inside the car has a horizontal line showing on the blank display. If it does, just go into vehicle display settings and adjust accordingly i.e. logo, audio etc. I have mine set on logo (i.e. Jaguar logo).

The positive connection you have made on the bus-bar will be fine as it’s still on the correct side of those mega fuses at each end of the bus-bar.

I would have been inclined to route the CTEK fuse holder outside of the power distribution block as it’s further away from the yellow wire etc and you won’t see it when the trim is replaced ;)
Last edited by RPSN on Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Gave mine a wash today, the first wash since I put gTechniq Crystal Serum Light and Exo on the paintwork, and also G1 on the glass, thought I would capture a quick video of how the coatings perform.

Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Well that's it tucked up in the garage, applied for SORN from May 1st, no point renewing the Tax right now :(
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

So as it's tucked away thought i'd have a look at cleaning/treating the calipers.

First thing I found was my High reach trolley jack for the Evoque does not go under the front, any recommendations on a low trolley jack.

so had the rear wheel off instead, surprised how much corrosion there was on the rear caliper.

RearCaliperBefore1.JPG

RearCaliperBefore2.JPG

Gave it a light clean up with my dremel and a coat of dark silver high temp paint just to protect it a little in the future.

RearCaliperAfter.JPG

RearBrakeAfter.JPG

Gave the wheel a good clean and a ceramic coat inside while it was off too.

WheelInner.JPG