I'm new - Do you think I've made a mistake?

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
marky7seven

Post by marky7seven »

A lot depends on the light, if I'm been honest with blue sky's it does look very premier grey with a blue hue. Overcast conditions it looks a lot better.

Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

I’m really struggling with this TBO, I’ve come away and back to the photos again several times and even showed the wife, don’t get me wrong the car is stunning but the wrap does look primer grey to us which ever way we look at it.
But you have to be happy with it yourself, it’s your car and I think if you have to ask and try to convince yourself then I think it is not working, which is a shame because like us you obviously really love your car.
So like I say in the end you have to be comfortable with it yourself and if it were me and I’d had a wrap that I was still not sure of after this length of time then I think I’d have to have it removed but then maybe I’m over fussy...
But please take this in a constructive way as no colour is going to appeal to everyone and whichever way you look at it it’s still a fantastic car,

Kind regards,

Steve
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
marky7seven

Post by marky7seven »

Thank you Steve, I am happy now :D

Been a graphic designer colour is a personal opinion. What I was trying to do with the stripes, was a mistake and lesson learned.

I had a Matt Daytona RS6 before this, I loved that car and if it would have fitted in my garage I would have been greedy and had both. That was the colour I was originally going for. I got my wife involved picking the colours (too much choice) and she liked this battleship grey, but it only dawned on my last week that she is actually colour blind and does struggle with tones, so that is another lesson learned.

But seriously I am happy, as its different.
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

That’s great, it’s good to be happy...

I’m toying with the idea of wrapping all my chrome in Matt black including the Jaguar boot lid badge, but that’s another story... :roll:

Kind regards,

Steve
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
marky7seven

Post by marky7seven »

Sounds good. Would look good on a Red car.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Big improvement on original wrap, gloss black accents looks good (glad you did the number plate cross bar) [emoji106]
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

basher wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:52 pm Now that does look good, with black accents and yellow calipers.
Didn’t see the original but agree with Basher, this looks great so hope you enjoy and its also gives you the long term protection you were originally seeking ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!