I'm new - Do you think I've made a mistake?

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
marky7seven

Post by marky7seven »

Hello Everyone, I'm Mark.

I've had my F-Type for nearly 8 months. I've always fancied getting a car wrapped, plus the amount of stone chips I get commuting to work down country lanes, it all seemed to be the right thing to do. But I think I've taken it too far, see image below and let me know what you think. The laugh and sniggers I've had in just 48 hours of doing this have been astonishing (I'm actually quite shy and retiring). Question would you live with it for a bit, or take it
Last edited by marky7seven on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blueone

Post by Blueone »

I’d remove it I’m afraid. Don’t mean to offend but I don’t think it’s the right look for this car. It looks sporty enough without needing any additions.
MY20 F-Type P340
marky7seven

Post by marky7seven »

What about just losing the stripes, at least I can get some protection during the winter months, then ad some of next year.
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Take it off.

Ian Callum and his team went to great lenghts to create a beautiful car Ex Factory

Even with just the wrapping sans stripes the car's look is ruined
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Yes the no parking stripes need to go. I personally do not like Grey primer colour but most of manufacturers are doing that colour now so must be popular.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I like the grey Matt colour with the black. Looks good.

I don't like the yellow trim around the splitter or sides and definitely not the stripe.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
marky7seven

Post by marky7seven »

Stripes are coming off, but will keep the wrap for a bit until I get ppf.
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Ditch the stripe then make a decision about the yellow pinstriping around the bottom - personally really like the grey
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

It was a brave move but just not come off. The stripe is race track oriented, but doesn't fit the rest of the car's looks, so feel it has to go

The grey unfortunately flattens out all the curves the car had and the yellow pin lines emphasise the wrong points. Look for example at the strong line from centre gill, through headlight, along to bonnet and below side windows onwards towards the rear. On the grey it's now gone

For me it overall doesn't work at all. Clearly you have similar views of the total effect.

I'd lose the stripes, keep the grey over Winter and see how you feel in Spring. Also consider losing the grey centre grille bar and go black on that
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

Not for me, either. But it's your car and you can have it any way you like.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!