New member intro

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 2510

Post by Deleted User 2510 »

Have recently joined here and thought I should just say a quick hello.
I don't have an f type just yet but in the throws of doing my pre purchase research.
Hoping for a V6S around the 2014-2015 era. Torn between the convertible and the coupe. Previously had an S2000 GT (softtop and hardtop) which I absolutely loved but now I am looking to get back into something which is a level up, I need more practicality than the S2k provided and appreciate the boot on the f convertible is larger than the Honda but think I still need more. I have a couple of Euro road trips in mind, hence the primary need for practicality!!
It won't be a daily driver but will want to use it for most of the year.
Looks like there is some very useful info on here which I will contribute to when I finally take the plunge.
Last edited by Deleted User 2510 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steviegtr

Post by steviegtr »

Welcome & I hope you find the one you like. They are all nice coupe or ragtop.
2017 f type 5.0 R AWD Glacier Pearl white Cabriolet
Sports seats 14way. Powerfold mirrors, Keyless. Hp Brakes, Split rims,
Heated screen. Meridian 380w.
scm

Post by scm »

The convertible looks great with the top down, the coupe looks great all the time. ;)
Good luck with your search, whichever you choose.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 2510

Thank you both.
Leaning towards the coupe and narrowing down my criteria.
Preferred colours: Black, Red, Firesand, Grey (dark).
Must have: Pano roof, heated seats, upgraded sports seats, full service history.
Preferred options: 20" wheels in black, rear camera to aid parking.

From my understanding (unless corrected), the V6S comes with performance brakes, LSD and the loud switch as standard??

Pleased I found this forum as there is a load of very useful info here.
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Had a 3 week trip to France in September and managed with soft bags in the convertible boot. Mainly shorts and t-shirts and had to do some washing but managed absolutely fine 🤙
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels
scm

Post by scm »

NJC wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:31 pm Must have: Pano roof, heated seats, upgraded sports seats, full service history.
You might also consider heated steering wheel (I love mine!) and heated and cooled seats - nice for winter and summer respectively. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 2510

scm wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:47 pm
NJC wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:31 pm Must have: Pano roof, heated seats, upgraded sports seats, full service history.
You might also consider heated steering wheel (I love mine!) and heated and cooled seats - nice for winter and summer respectively. ;)
I see the appeal, especially the heated screen but it would be a nice to have whereas the heated seats are a must. Especially at this time of year through to spring. I can never understand why they are an option and not standard on leather seats in the uk climate.
Deleted User 2510

Cool Hand Luke wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:40 pm Had a 3 week trip to France in September and managed with soft bags in the convertible boot. Mainly shorts and t-shirts and had to do some washing but managed absolutely fine 🤙
Hmm..... I did casual look at a convertible a while ago but didn’t take too much notice of the boot at the time. Now I am actively looking it’s now becoming an important factor.
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Boot is a strange shape NJC so dont think of how to fit suitcases in, but you can actually get a lot in by using soft bags. We are planning a 4 week trip from Scotland down to Tuscany next year and having the option of open top driving, in my opinion at least, makes it a bit more special 🤙
MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels
Tel

Post by Tel »

NJC wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:41 am Have recently joined here and thought I should just say a quick hello.
I don't have an f type just yet but in the throws of doing my pre purchase research.
Hoping for a V6S around the 2014-2015 era. Torn between the convertible and the coupe. Previously had an S2000 GT (softtop and hardtop) which I absolutely loved but now I am looking to get back into something which is a level up, I need more practicality than the S2k provided and appreciate the boot on the f convertible is larger than the Honda but think I still need more. I have a couple of Euro road trips in mind, hence the primary need for practicality!!
It won't be a daily driver but will want to use it for most of the year.
Looks like there is some very useful info on here which I will contribute to when I finally take the plunge.
Welcome to the group!

Could you realistically go from an S2000 vert to a Jag coupe and miss the wind in the hair experience? The vert of course is fully panoramic!

I had a long term loan V6S coupe, and whilst it was nice, I could have been sat in any other fast, good looking car; the vert elevates that experience to the n'th degree IMO.
That said, the coupe is the sexier of the two just like the E-Type It shows off its' line better with the roof.

Luggage is not a problem if, as others have said, you use soft, malleable luggage.

We have done several weeks away on Jag tours through France, and managed no *issue*. We have booked an Italian run next year (Jaguar Picos and Rioja run) ...I just have to limit the wifes' shoe collection, which is more of a pain than actually packing the boot!...but then you don;t buy a S2000 or an F-Type for practically do you? ;-)
*apart from not having any room for duty free booze
!
If you do end up with a vert, heated seats and heated wheel are a must. Winter driving is really pleasant. When there's no salt around, going out in freezing conditions is actually quite nice and scary at the same time!

Good luck on your hunt.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's