New Year, New Toy

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Just thought I would introduce myself before spending hours trawling through the posts and looking for more ways to spend / waste my money.

Big car nut, have been for years....detectives amongst you who read Evo might recognise me from my Buyers Journey, from a few years back...when even Evo couldn’t recommend a what’s next.

Don’t get me wrong, don’t have endless money, unlike some people, but reckon you can tick almost every box if you buy wisely.

Current garage as of last year:

Audi SQ5+ - Daily driver (commute of 100 miles a day) and fast dog carrier
Ariel Atom 330 - Best fun under 100mph your money can buy...makes you smile Every time!
Mini Cooper JCW (2002) - track prepared and modded up to 250bhp

And now...

Jaguar F Type 5.0s (2014, Italian Racing Red, convertible, 8,000 miles!)

Couldn’t believe how cheap (sorry value for money) these cars have become.

Can’t wait for the weather to improve to start using her!!!

1E19F2AC-23B4-4BE8-A2CE-903E653B7255.jpeg

86943292-A49C-4F30-8A8D-39C18783DF33.jpeg

Jaguar F-Type 5.0s Convertible - Italian Racing Red, Gloss black wheels and trim
Porsche Macan S
Ariel Atom 3 300

Deleted User 2483

Post by Deleted User 2483 »

Nice garage, like you say buy wisely.
davidd

Post by davidd »

lovely
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Lovely garage collection.
I've had some hot laps in an Ariel Atom, closest thing to a motorbike with 4 wheels I've ever been in.
Unlike every other F Type owner who sees the F Type as a sports / GT car, you'll see it as a comfortable, warm, softly suspensioned cruiser :lol: :lol:
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
scz4

Post by scz4 »

Looks stunning, I'm sure you'll enjoy. I'm due to collect my V6S on 18th Jan, can't wait.

In fact it has the same 20" wheels you have, which I was going to change, but yours look really good in gloss black, so will go for that. Unless the ride is terrible of course and I'll go down to 19's.
scm

Post by scm »

scz4 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:38 am In fact it has the same 20" wheels you have, which I was going to change, but yours look really good in gloss black, so will go for that. Unless the ride is terrible of course and I'll go down to 19's.
If you find the ride terrible on 20"s, you won't like 19"s either.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

Northnoble wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:29 pm Just thought I would introduce myself before spending hours trawling through the posts and looking for more ways to spend / waste my money.

I’ve sent you a PM
scz4

Post by scz4 »

scm wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:27 am
From experience I find dropping down an a size can make a big difference. Smaller wheels are usually a little lighter, as are the tyres, plus a higher sidewall. They all help.
scm

Post by scm »

scz4 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:34 pm
scm wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:27 am
From experience I find dropping down an a size can make a big difference. Smaller wheels are usually a little lighter, as are the tyres, plus a higher sidewall. They all help.
I'm not sure a tyre with more sidewall is going to be lighter, though. Does the small reduction in width compensate?
Posts I've seen from people who've tried both 19"s and 20"s claim there's little discernable difference.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Well having swapped over to my winter wheels - just before it went mild! - you can certainly tell the difference in wheel size by the weight you're trying to carry around!

But then if you go for a different wheel design that might make as much difference as the change in size anyway.

On the rears I got a double reduction from wheel size and winter tyre width, which balances out the extra say 10mm height gained via the ratio.

The smaller winters are noticeably lighter, more compliant, and give a surprisingly good boost to mpg under the same driving conditions and style - better for the single figure temps but you can't lean on them to the same level as summer set in mid teens temps of course.

Not a direct comparison so difficult to judge with certainty.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post