Base model with high spec or S model?

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:45 pm There’s many different ways to look at it and much depends on what you want of the car. No size fits all and no choice is wrong.
If you’re just after certain options and the 340 has them, then that might be best.

Personally I went for the S and didn’t even consider the 340 as I saw so many make engine decisions on Z4’s and regret for years choosing a 2.0, 2.2 or 2.5 over a 3.0, which ironically is now the so much more saleable and fun. Better spec and loved.

Don’t forget on the S as posted before above you get many extras built in above the 340 from BHP to LSD, brakes and more. I believe an S will always sell better than a non S and be more fun while owned
Slightly off topic but there have been quite a few issues with rear differentials, does anyone know if these are mainly with the standard diff (340), LSD (380) or the electronic LSD in the V8?

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I've had no major problems with the rear differential (LSD) on my V6S 380.

Only thing I've had changed is the differential pinion seal (due to slight oil leak) but I think this is a common fault on several models.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
gf15

Post by gf15 »

When looking for my F, first search filter was it had to be a v6s. I then made the decision on my ideal spec, but was prepared to compromise on some of the nice to haves. For example, performance seats were a must have, but 16x16 electric adjustment was just a nice to have, as was a panaromic roof and heated front windscreen.
Could be worth finding a brochure on the "bay of e" for the model year you want, and create a wish list.

Good luck and it is worth getting the one you really want, as they are fantastic cars.
gf15 with 2015 v6s coupe. :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post