New Owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
markpbutler

Post by markpbutler »

Very happy with my first ever F-Type convertible that I had delivered brand new in September of last year. Metallic Grey, black exterior pack, 20" gloss black wheels, black interior pack. Fabulous. (i'd love to post some images but cannot for the life of me understand how to attach one. I've tried the thingy that looks like a picture attachment tool but just get [img][img]. Help?)

Very pleased with how she runs and have had the roof down on any occasion we can and enjoyed a thoroughly good tour of the Lake District recently

What would help me enormously as a new owner is a recommendation for a bike carrier for one bike that would fit my car. I've searched the internet and there isn't anything that I can see. I don't have a tow bar fitted so can't go down that route. Any help would be very much appreciated

Kind regards

Mark

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

When the f type was first launched there was a factory option for a ski carrier that attaches to the rear of the car. I’m sure one of those could be modified to carry a bike. Might be an option? Don’t know if they’re still available from jaguar but probably on eBay.
SOLDES

Post by SOLDES »

Doesnt look that attractive but seems to do the trick http://www.birdautomotive.com/Bike%20Ra ... ar%20F.htm
P300 First edition
Eiger grey / Mars red
markpbutler

Post by markpbutler »

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the quick reply. I'll look into the Bird Automotive rack
scm

Post by scm »

markpbutler wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:40 pm (i'd love to post some images but cannot for the life of me understand how to attach one. I've tried the thingy that looks like a picture attachment tool but just get [img][img]. Help?)
Click "Post a Reply" and click the "Attachments" button at the bottom. Then "Add files" and follow the instructions.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
markpbutler

Post by markpbutler »

Thanks. I'll give that a go

Kind regards
markpbutler

Post by markpbutler »

Here's the photo's I wanted to post.

Taken in the Lake District, looks better when washed!

7334DF0A-C6AB-43B3-A00B-42666B9CF81F_1_201_a.jpeg

887D08C8-C607-4863-A7D5-96B2FD376973_1_201_a.jpeg

96F3FEE4-CD32-4444-8556-B534472318A1_1_201_a.jpeg

scm

Post by scm »

Well done, and looks good. They're made to be driven, not polished! ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
DangerUXB

Post by DangerUXB »

Hope I'm not too late with this reply but one option for your bike carrier query worth considering is this .....https://www.seasucker.com
I bought one last year to carry my road bike on my coupe and it works really well attaching the main 3 pad section to the pano roof. A bit unnerving at first having my 'pride and joy' fixed to my 'pride and joy' using only 4 sucker pads but you soon get to trust it!!
Only problem is with yours being a convertible and it certainly won't work on the hood surface but may be ok on the window....but not certain.
Worth a thought though. Hope this helps.
Really like your convertible by the way - looks fantastic.

xS4j9lidTsqMmvKxMx%2Dw.jpg

ZqorGhdURJ+n60UAxU+NZg.jpg

MY19 F-Type Coupe R Dynamic P340 RWD Carpathian Grey
Pano roof, Performance seats
Black pack, privacy glass
Big brakes with red calipers :D :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post