Please HELP! Thinking of buying a used F-Type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Timmyboy

Post by Timmyboy »

Purchased my V8R 5 years ago only done 9000 miles , things I have done is get it serviced regularly, change the batteries on the key fob, and had the rear braces shot blasted and painted. 😀

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

As most have said, do the normal checks, make sure servicing is regular and up to date, common issues have been listed above

If your worries about maintenance the. Plenty of warranties you can buy, just read the T&C’s so you know what covered

Failing that most issues are minor and not too costly to fix.

Good luck with the search
MM1963

Post by MM1963 »

On a foot note..I had two S-Class Mercs and they were forever going in for something, Glass roof exploded on my way to Gatwick once..Plastic seat surround changed four times in 3 years, forever cracking. The only car I truly never had any issues with, was Alfa Romeo GT (so much for that myth)
As above, check the usual, get simpleR to do his amazing check.
MY18 F-Type aka 'The Beast' V6 Caldera Red, Oyster Interior, Bits and Bobs, Wrapped Black Roof and now 14'' short number plates.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

We had an AlfaGT for 9 years. Only finally got rid as it was 11 years old and getting through oil like the Amoco Cadiz (showing my age). Someone has never forgiven me for selling her beloved car. Had a few Jags and Alfas over time.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
alpinaman

Post by alpinaman »

Mines now done 23k and hasnt given any issues...Its a V6 BTW.

If your Manchester way,and want to see what they drive like then im in the Glossop area so feel free to have a go and see if you like.

Cheers

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post