New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Ftypeoneday

Post by Ftypeoneday »

Hi guys,

Currently got an XF x250 which is all but paid off with the bank now,
My next purchase is an ftype.

I’m looking at spending around 40k
I want ( would like ) a coupe V8!

When I bought my XF I was adamant on getting the facelift model to ensure I got the later infotainment system.
I’m looking to make sure I get the incontrovertible system with the apps available?

Any tips / dates and ways to check which system a car has!?

Also do they all have the “active spoiler “ and “active exhaust fitted “

Thanks
Ben

scm

Post by scm »

You can recognise the cars without the "active spoiler" as it has a nice fixed spoiler. IMO, it looks better as the active one looks a bit naff when it's up.

I think all the V8s have active exhaust, and should have a button in the centre console to flip the operaton depending on whether you're in dynamic mode or not.

There are two type of infotainment display, an 8 inch screen with 4 physical buttons at each side, or the later 10" screen with no physical buttons. My MY18 has the smaller screen and I find having real buttons to press is much easier to use, rather than faffing about with a touchscreen. I think the screen change occurred at some point during MY18.

The F-Type also has physical buttons for the heated(/cooled) seats and heated steering wheel - in my previous XKR they had to be operated via the touchscreen which was really inconvenient.

Good luck with your search!
And welcome to the club. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post