I just bought my dream F Type!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Ballabird

Post by Ballabird »

Hi everyone,

After six months of searching I finally found my F Type this weekend! It's a 2015 V8 R convertible in Caldera Red with black leather. I've only done 100 miles in it so far but I couldn't have asked for more!

I've had sports cars since I could drive, first sharing a Eunos with my Mum (the true petrolhead in the family!) then when I got my first job after uni I saved and got a Z3, upgraded to an SLK55 AMG four years ago and finally got my first Jag.

First impressions:

• The exhaust note is perfectly childish
  • People stop and stare or give me a thumbs up from their cabin in traffic queues
  • The weather on the drive home was awful and would have been stressful in the SLK but the F Type feels so safe and confidence inspiring
  • The gear box is rapid and a pleasure to use in auto or paddle mode
  • I need to spend less time working, eating and sleeping and more time driving
I'm always nervous about getting buyers remorse with cars, but at 5:30am on my 4th day of ownership I'm trying to think of reasons to take her for a spin before work :D

I live in Manchester. I'm a bit introverted but I do hope to meet some of you over the next few years at socials. I used to take my Z3 to Cars in the Park over in Yorkshire and that was always fun, I'll see if there's a Jag group going.

I wonder if someone can help while it's on my mind - I've got a black roof, black leather, black grill, black wheels but I've got these two flashes of silver on each wing for the air outlets from the brakes, and the silver grill surrounding. I'm wondering about making these black and not sure (1) how good it would look and (2) what the best way to go about it is.

Has anyone replaced these silver bits with black? Or maybe wrapped them or something? And does anyone have a picture of a red F type in black dressing?

Thanks

Joe
F Type V8R Convertible in Caldera Red, vroom vroom!

dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Joe, congrats on the car it looks great!!
Regarding the chrome trims, I’d go black as it’ll match everything else on the car

For the side vents, have a look on eBay, can normally pick 2 gloss black ones up for minimal cost. Grille surround can be found online as well

Personally I’d prefer to have them painted but you could always look at getting them wrapped as well
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Hello Joe,

And wow - that’s one gorgeous looking cat!

Hope those face muscles aren’t hurting too much from all the smiling :D

Wrapping in black will likely be the best for the grille - you might be able to pick up some genuine side vents though if you’re lucky. And in my personal opinion black looks better than carbon wrap.

Enjoy your driving - sounds like you’re already addicted!

Simon
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
NAC63

Post by NAC63 »

Hi Joe , welcome, a fantastic looking car. Yes I agree the side vents and grill need to be black. I have carbon fiber side vents and I had the grill wrapped black without the need to remove it. Both would look great on your car.
2014 V8S Convertible in black all the extras plus lots of carbon bits.
H&R lowering springs
Eibach 15mm wheel spacers
Arne

Post by Arne »

Hi Joe and congrats with a great car!

Here is a pic of mine (coupe though) with black/carbon bits:

20190716_135219.jpg

F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Had the chrome on my coupe wrapped last year. I bought black side vents, but a friend had these wrapped too which only added about £20 to the cost as apparently they are the easiest bit to do.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Hmmm!
Your a bit introverted and have just bought a V8 F Type....way to go Joe👍👍👍
Lovely looking car, you are going to gave so much fun.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

It happens a lot - even in convertible form.

Buying an F-Type is appreciating automotive art, not being flash or brash :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Cool Hand Luke

Post by Cool Hand Luke »

Nice car Joe. Welcome to the forum.
This is my car, same colour but with black pack so those chrome bits on your car are black on mine.

20181008_132038.jpg

20181008_151302.jpg

MY 2018 red convertible 380 R dynamic, black pack, red seatbelts, heated flat bottomed steering wheel, rear camera and front park aids, 20’ wheels
Tel

Post by Tel »

Welcome to the intreverted V8 owners club 😉

Search my posts for pictures of our IR Red V8 R cab with Black Pack, Black exhaust tips, Black badges etc
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩